Question: When is it good when a film drops -50.3% in gross and remains #1?
Answer: When the film is The Avengers, which officially completed the biggest opening two weeks in history. It remained #1 at the box office this past weekend and the weekend actuals totaled $103,052, 274 ($373,071,647 domestic total) leaving the competition far behind to have the best second weekend ever, destroying James Cameron’s Avatar’s previous record of $75.6 million. To discuss more gaudy numbers, it did not lose (or add) a single theater and it still made each location, on average, $23,696! It’s already #12 on the all time worldwide gross chart topping (in my best Dr. Evil voice) 1 Billion dollars in just 10 days. 10 Days, people!
A week from now, it will squish The Hunger Games like a $387 million ant in all-time domestic box office. Last week from Monday through Thursday, The Avengers made $70 million. Before this upcoming weekend begins, it »
- Ernie Estrella
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- Full length trailer for Transcendence starring Johnny Depp (From Flickeringmyth. 21 December 2013, 11:47 PM, PST)
- ‘Transcendence’ Theatrical Trailer is Here! (From LatinoReview. 21 December 2013, 3:20 PM, PST)
- Johnny Depp stars in new Transcendence trailer - watch (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 21 December 2013, 2:15 PM, PST)
Star Wars (1977)
- 'The Hobbit 2' to Top 'Anchorman 2' at the North American Box Office? (From Alt Film Guide. 21 December 2013, 10:27 PM, PST)
- Product Spotlight: Batman and Joker Lego Clocks! (From Legions of Gotham. 21 December 2013, 4:55 AM, PST)
- Space Janitors sci-fi comedy web series Season 3 Kickstarter (From Shadowlocked. 20 December 2013, 8:21 PM, PST)
The Hunger Games (2012)
- Buzzmakers: 'Dynasty' Shakeup & Barbara's List (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 December 2013, 6:07 AM, PST)
- Vikings Season 2 to Set Sail in February (From TVLine.com. 21 December 2013, 5:37 AM, PST)
- American Hustle Movie Review (From GeekTyrant. 21 December 2013)