The British film, which focused on several different characters trying to find love, was a big hit at the box office, and now Universal chief Eddie Cunningham is hoping to convince the film's mastermind to pen a sequel.
He tells Britain's Mail on Sunday, "I think there should be a Love Actually 2. I'd give it a green light. I think many American movies try to emulate that brilliant format where the stories interweave and no one's on screen for more than six minutes, but only Richard has achieved it. It really makes you appreciate the beauty of his writing."
Similar News ItemsUniversal Pictures [us]
- Charlize Theron Sets Karen Croner-Scripted Universal Pitch Based On ‘Everything Nice’ (From Deadline New York. 6 March 2014, 3:59 PM, PST)
- #Tbt Videos: Oscar Winners Edition (From Popsugar. 6 March 2014, 11:00 AM, PST)
- 2014 MTV Movie Awards Nominations Announced (From MovieWeb. 6 March 2014, 7:37 AM, PST)
- Box Office: ‘300’ Sequel Muscles Toward $40 Mil Opening Ahead of ‘Peabody & Sherman’ (From Variety - Film News. 6 March 2014, 5:06 PM, PST)
- We love you, now change: What other actors are due for a McConaissance? (From EW.com - PopWatch. 6 March 2014, 2:50 PM, PST)
- Box office preview: '300: Rise of an Empire' battles 'Mr. Peabody & Sherman' for first place (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 6 March 2014, 1:23 PM, PST)
- Tim’S Vermeer – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 6 March 2014, 2:21 PM, PST)
- Mourn your lost childhood with new 'Paddington' teaser trailer (From Hitfix. 5 March 2014, 6:30 PM, PST)
- A 'Paddington' Teaser Trailer Arrives, All the Way From Peru (Video) (From Moviefone. 5 March 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)