Jurors deliberating the fate of William Balfour -- the man charged with murdering Jennifer Hudson's mother, brother and nephew -- informed the judge Friday afternoon that they had reached a verdict.
The Oscar winner held fiancé David Otunga close in the Chicago courtroom as Cook County jurors announced guilty verdicts following hours of deliberation over three days. In addition to the murders, Balfour was also convicted of home invasion, aggravated kidnapping, residential burglary and possession of a stolen motor vehicle for the 2008 crimes. He now faces mandatory life in prison.
Related: Jury to Decide Hudson Family Murder Case
"We have many people to thank, but our first thank you is to God," said Jennifer and sister Julia in a joint statement shortly after, also thanking their legal team for their tireless efforts.
"We want to extend a prayer from the Hudson family to the Balfour family," the sisters add. "We have all »
Similar News ItemsJennifer Hudson (I)
- [Video] New 'Voice' Coach Jennifer Hudson on What She's Looking for in Season 13 (From BuddyTV. 18 July 2017, 3:13 AM, PDT)
- Uzo Aduba to Star in “The Secret Life of Bees” Musical Workshop Production (From Women and Hollywood. 13 July 2017, 1:01 PM, PDT)
- The 2017 Emmy Nominations We'd Love to See: From Alexis Bledel to Jennifer Hudson and More (From E! Online. 10 July 2017, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Jennifer Hudson Jokes About 9-Year Engagement to David Otunga: ‘He Ain’t Going Nowhere’ (From PEOPLE.com. 26 April 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Jennifer Hudson Explains Her Almost Nine-Year Engagement: ‘I’m Not in a Hurry’ (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 April 2017, 6:50 AM, PDT)
- Mauro Ranallo shoots on WWE, new Raw commentator revealed | WrestleTalk News (From Flickeringmyth. 17 April 2017, 5:57 AM, PDT)