There's a reason we picked the French thriller "Sleepless Night" as one of the 10 best movies to play at this year's Tribeca Film Festival: It puts its American counterparts to shame.
When's the last time you saw a truly great American action film that didn't feature a single superhero, or one that wasn't animated (we're looking at you "Kung Fu Panda")? Not so easy to come up with one, right?
"The Raid: Redemption" was the last action movie to soar to great heights, and that came to us courtesy of Indonesia. Now we have the French to thank for shaking up the genre with one of the most breathless thrillers to come along in ages, the aptly titled "Sleepless Night."
- Nigel Smith
Similar News ItemsKung Fu Panda (2008)
- Why modern kids films have ditched the chosen one (From Den of Geek. 27 February 2014, 12:21 AM, PST)
- Another Shrek sequel in the works as Far Far Away Adventure theme park heads to London (From Flickeringmyth. 25 February 2014, 11:21 PM, PST)
- DreamWorks Returning To Far Far Away For Shrek 5 (From We Got This Covered. 25 February 2014, 7:36 PM, PST)
The Raid: Redemption (2011)
- Management to Reclaim Madman Entertainment (From Variety - Film News. 6 March 2014, 10:43 PM, PST)
- Critically Acclaimed TV Spot Arrives for The Raid 2: Berandal (From Dread Central. 6 March 2014, 11:16 AM, PST)
- Hammer Girl Joins Timo Tjahjanto's The Night Comes For Us (From Twitch. 6 March 2014, 1:30 AM, PST)
- We’re The Millers Blu-ray Review (From The Hollywood News. 11 December 2013, 2:00 AM, PST)
- Tiberius catches Monster, Angelique (From ScreenDaily. 4 November 2013, 12:58 PM, PST)
- 'We're the Millers' (2013) Movie Review (From Rope Of Silicon. 6 August 2013, 3:00 PM, PDT)