There's a reason we picked the French thriller "Sleepless Night" as one of the 10 best movies to play at this year's Tribeca Film Festival: It puts its American counterparts to shame.
When's the last time you saw a truly great American action film that didn't feature a single superhero, or one that wasn't animated (we're looking at you "Kung Fu Panda")? Not so easy to come up with one, right?
"The Raid: Redemption" was the last action movie to soar to great heights, and that came to us courtesy of Indonesia. Now we have the French to thank for shaking up the genre with one of the most breathless thrillers to come along in ages, the aptly titled "Sleepless Night."
- Nigel Smith
Similar News ItemsKung Fu Panda (2008)
- Ranked: Every Summer Movie Season Since 1980 - Part 1 (From Cinelinx. 8 September 2014, 4:11 AM, PDT)
- 'Resident Evil 6' Delayed, Warburton Back for 'Ted 2' and Stewart Took 'Rosewater' to Abrams and Howard (From Rope Of Silicon. 20 August 2014, 4:19 PM, PDT)
- John Stevenson to direct animated comedy inspired by Noah's Ark (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 20 August 2014, 3:55 PM, PDT)
The Raid: Redemption (2011)
- Asia experts discuss China film growth, challenges (From ScreenDaily. 11 September 2014, 3:32 AM, PDT)
- Asia experts discuss China film growth and challenges (From ScreenDaily. 11 September 2014, 3:32 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive ‘Killers’ Clip Prepares For An Execution (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 4 September 2014, 11:24 AM, PDT)
- We’re The Millers Blu-ray Review (From The Hollywood News. 11 December 2013, 2:00 AM, PST)
- Tiberius catches Monster, Angelique (From ScreenDaily. 4 November 2013, 12:58 PM, PST)
- 'We're the Millers' (2013) Movie Review (From Rope Of Silicon. 6 August 2013, 3:00 PM, PDT)