He could have been another Brad Pitt. Instead he's doing one-man stage shows. Is it time for a rescue plan?
For some time now, I have belonged to a secret society known as the League of Rueful Val Kilmer Enthusiasts. It consists of men of a certain age who adore Tombstone and Heat, and who also have a soft spot for The Doors and The Ghost and the Darkness. And, of course, Top Gun. What unites the members of the league is our affection for the actor himself, mingled with regret that Kilmer did not become the intergalactically famous star we wanted him to be. We also resent the fact that he did not make more movies like Heat while he was young and athletic enough to pull it off.
Because now it is too late. Kilmer has reached the point in his career where he is performing in a one-man show called Citizen Twain, »
- Joe Queenan
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Fury Blu-ray Starring Brad Pitt Cracks Amazon Top 20 Bestsellers List (From TheHDRoom. 30 October 2014, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- The Definitive Scary Scenes from Non-Horror Movies: 20-11 (From SoundOnSight. 30 October 2014, 6:31 PM, PDT)
- New trailer for Syfy's '12 Monkeys' imagines a grim future without Brad Pitt (From Hitfix. 30 October 2014, 6:07 PM, PDT)
- Production Begins on Alexandre Aja’s ‘The 9th Life of Louis Drax’ (From DailyDead. 27 October 2014, 10:24 AM, PDT)
- Producer plans to continue the rebooted Left Behind franchise (From JoBlo. 27 October 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Tim Burton's Superman Lives Discussed by Screenwriter Dan Gilroy (From GeekTyrant. 27 October 2014, 8:34 AM, PDT)
- Top Killers: The 25 Deadliest Actors According to On-Screen Body Counts (From Entertainment Tonight. 29 October 2014, 5:31 PM, PDT)
- Top 10 Tuesday: Fantastic Fest 2014 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 28 October 2014, 9:53 PM, PDT)
- Agents of Shield’s Adrianne Palicki is Becoming a Real Action Heroine (From TVovermind.com. 27 October 2014, 6:45 AM, PDT)