Catch up with the last seven days in the world of film
The big story
Yes, we know Hulk was last week's biggie, but you just can't keep Avengers Assemble, or whatever it's called, out of the news. For a few days last month, everyone was fixated on The Hunger Games' box office – but now Avengers has exposed it for the shrimp it is by recording the largest ever opening weekend in the Us.
Bizarrely, initial reports even underestimated its pulling power: the studio estimate was for $200.3m (becoming the first film to break $200m for its bow), but when the final figures came in it totalled $207.4m, flattening Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2's previous high water mark in the process.
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- Gatorade Sued By California Over Celebrity Anti-Water Campaign (From TMZ. 21 September 2017, 2:17 PM, PDT)
- The Stylists of Girl Group Little Mix Break Down Their Looks for Music Video “Reggaetón Lento” (From PEOPLE.com. 21 September 2017, 2:06 PM, PDT)
- Star Sightings: Sarah Hyland and Julianne Hough Live it Up at the Emmys, Ed Sheeran Visits Hooters & More! (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 September 2017, 2:05 PM, PDT)
The Avengers (2012)
- Stan Lee Produced a Syfy Horror Film Starring Tobin Bell Called ‘The Sandman’ (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 21 September 2017, 6:53 AM, PDT)
- John August Tops Voting in Writers Guild West Election, Incumbents Dominate (From Variety - Film News. 18 September 2017, 7:47 PM, PDT)
- Captain Marvel Confirmed for Avengers 4 as Brie Larson Begins Shooting (From MovieWeb. 18 September 2017, 10:52 AM, PDT)
The Hunger Games (2012)
- ‘Mother!’: How Darren Aronofsky’s Team Turned a Victorian Mansion Into a House of Horrors (From Indiewire. 21 September 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Toronto Film Review: ‘Journey’s End’ (From Variety - Film News. 19 September 2017, 11:05 PM, PDT)
- 5 reasons to see mother! (From Cineplex. 19 September 2017, 2:11 PM, PDT)