The funnyman is known for his outrageous onscreen personas and regularly sits for interviews as one of his many alter egos, including Ali G, Borat, Bruno and his latest creation Admiral General Aladeen, from his upcoming movie The Dictator.
But he ditched the bushy beard and military uniform he has donned for recent promotional appearances and appeared as himself, wearing jeans, a T-shirt, a leather jacket and a baseball cap to meet up with SiriusXM shock jock Stern on Tuesday.
Speaking in his native British accent, he told the host, "I've never really done any interviews as myself. This is like the third time in my life I've done an interview out of character."
Cohen explained that he only agreed to break his routine for Stern because he's a "huge fan": "I've been following your career for 20 years. What you were doing inspired me very early on because I thought, 'Alright, this is a guy who's got balls.' The fact that you didn't mind breaking the law or upsetting people - I followed that role."
And the actor admitted he had fun being interviewed out of character.
At the end of the chat, he added, "I enjoyed it. I never do it. Maybe that'll be it. It will be an exclusive with The Howard Stern Show."
Similar News ItemsSacha Baron Cohen
- Jennifer Aniston Had a Ball With Isla Fisher's Baby Bump (From Popsugar. 28 February 2015, 5:30 AM, PST)
- Village Roadshow Profits Down by a Quarter at Half Year (From Variety - Film News. 24 February 2015, 12:27 AM, PST)
- See Which Stars Let Their Hair Down at Vanity Fair's Oscars Afterparty! (From Popsugar. 23 February 2015, 5:35 AM, PST)
Howard Stern (I)
- Outrage Watch: This TV critic has a major problem with Fox's 'The Last Man on Earth' (From Hitfix. 3 March 2015, 1:41 PM, PST)
- Lady Gaga Gives Taylor Swift Life Advice, Says Her "Prince Charming Will Come" (From TooFab. 3 March 2015, 11:45 AM, PST)
- Lady Gaga Has Faith in Taylor Swift's Love Life, Assures Her ''Prince Charming Will Come'' (From E! Online. 2 March 2015, 6:52 PM, PST)
The Dictator (2012)
- Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) movie review: winged infamy (From FlickFilosopher. 24 February 2015, 9:43 AM, PST)
- Nicolas Cage joins Borat director's Osama Bin Laden comedy (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 23 January 2015, 6:47 AM, PST)
- Nicolas Cage to hunt Osama bin Laden in Army of One (From Flickeringmyth. 22 January 2015, 8:57 AM, PST)