The mystery of Sherlock‘s Season 2 premiere numbers has been solved.
The PBS Masterpiece Mystery series returned on Sunday night to a total audience of 3.2 million viewers — not including replays, DVR playback or online streaming — more than doubling the average PBS primetime rating.
For comparison’s sake, Downton Abbey‘s most recent run debuted to 4.2 million total viewers.
Sunday Ratings | Housewives Up, Harry’s Law Down, Amazing Race and Gcb Finales Flat
- Matt Webb Mitovich
Similar News ItemsBenedict Cumberbatch
- Doctor Strange delivers a dire warning in new Thor: Ragnarok trailer (From HeyUGuys. 17 August 2017, 6:57 AM, PDT)
- Doctor Strange Finally Shows Up in New ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Trailer (Video) (From The Wrap. 17 August 2017, 6:46 AM, PDT)
- Here's Your First Look at Doctor Strange in Japan's Thor: Ragnarok Trailer (From E! Online. 17 August 2017, 5:45 AM, PDT)
"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- Morrissey Meets Johnny Marr, Billy Duffy in 'England Is Mine' Clip (Exclusive Video) (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 17 August 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- ‘Victoria’ Gets Season 2 Premiere Date On PBS (From Deadline TV. 16 August 2017, 9:05 AM, PDT)
- Inaugural Tribeca TV Festival to Debut New Gotham, Designated Survivor Episodes, Feature Will & Grace Cast (From TVLine.com. 16 August 2017, 8:14 AM, PDT)
Martin Freeman (II)
- "StartUp" - Welcome To The 'Darknet' (From SneakPeek. 16 August 2017, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- New Images From Martin Freeman’s Indie Zombie Thriller Cargo Surface Online (From We Got This Covered. 15 August 2017, 4:44 PM, PDT)
- ‘Fargo,’ ‘Big Little Lies,’ ‘Black Mirror’ and ‘Sherlock’ Rely on Rich Ensemble Storytelling (From Variety - TV News. 15 August 2017, 10:10 AM, PDT)