Box office: you just got Avenged.
Combining the feature attractions of four separate blockbusters, "The Avengers" was looking to at least surpass the first weekend gross of "Iron Man 2," which pulled in a non-3D three-day total of $128 million during this weekend two years ago. However, few expected the team-up film to surpass the final domestic tallies of both "Thor" and "Captain America: The First Avenger" in its first three days, roughing up previous weekend record-holder "Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part Two" in the process. That 3D-enhanced final installment of the 'Potter' series still holds the record for the biggest opening day at $91 million, but "The Avengers" will finish Sunday with a record breaking $200 million opening weekend. Hooray money!
- Gabe Toro
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Film Feature: The 10 Worst Films of 2014, By Spike Walters (From HollywoodChicago.com. 27 December 2014, 8:57 AM, PST)
- Watch This Badass Batman Vs. Green Arrow Mashup Trailer (From Cinema Blend. 26 December 2014, 4:51 PM, PST)
- Interstellar Playing at California Science Center for Limited Time (From ShockYa. 26 December 2014, 3:29 PM, PST)
Robert Downey Jr.
- The Week in Spandex – Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Luke Cage, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Shazam, The Sinister Six and more (From Flickeringmyth. 27 December 2014, 2:59 AM, PST)
- Is Iron Man 4 closer than we think? (From Flickeringmyth. 27 December 2014, 2:44 AM, PST)
- Entertainers of the Year, An Alternate Take (From FilmExperience. 26 December 2014, 7:00 PM, PST)
The Avengers (2012)
- "Avengers: Age Of Ultron" - Official Website (From SneakPeek. 27 December 2014, 10:42 AM, PST)
- ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’ Review: Colin Firth Rocks Suits, Stunts, and ‘Splosions (From The Wrap. 27 December 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
- 'Agent Maria Hill' Covers "Maxim" (From SneakPeek. 26 December 2014, 11:07 PM, PST)