Old sports writers (mainly Pardon the Interruption host and professional crank Tony Kornheiser) like to remind anybody listening that for most of the pre-World War II era, the biggest sports in America were baseball, boxing, and horse racing.
If you really want to get your 1930s on this weekend, you’ll have that chance: The baseball season is in full swing (Let’S Go Mets!), there’s a huge title fight in the boxing world between Floyd Mayweather and Miguel Cotto, and on Saturday evening, the 138th running of the Kentucky Derby begins.
The Kentucky Derby is an excellent excuse for a party, »
- Kyle Anderson
Similar News ItemsTobey Maguire
- Donald Glover Will Finally Get to Play Spider-Man (in a Cartoon) (From Slash Film. 26 August 2014, 12:45 PM, PDT)
- Tobey Maguire’s Material Signs Oscar Sharp To Blind Deal Off Short Pic ‘The Karman Line’ (From Deadline New York. 22 August 2014, 1:13 PM, PDT)
- ’50 to 1′ is an unearned lap to victory (From SoundOnSight. 21 August 2014, 1:19 PM, PDT)
- Faye Dunaway To Open France’s Lumiere Fest (From Variety - Film News. 27 August 2014, 3:36 PM, PDT)
- Adam Sandler’s Shoes Take Center Stage in First The Cobbler Poster (From Collider.com. 27 August 2014, 8:59 AM, PDT)
- BAFTA to host David Fincher event (From ScreenDaily. 27 August 2014, 2:50 AM, PDT)
- ‘What's the Deal’ With the ‘Jungle Book’ Movies and the Disney-wb Rivalry? (Video) (From The Wrap. 26 August 2014, 3:38 PM, PDT)
- Now Casting NBC’s ‘Peter Pan Live’ and Other Upcoming Auditions (From Backstage. 26 August 2014, 7:15 AM, PDT)
- 10 Most Ridiculous Movie Death Scenes (From Obsessed with Film. 22 August 2014, 1:28 AM, PDT)