Old sports writers (mainly Pardon the Interruption host and professional crank Tony Kornheiser) like to remind anybody listening that for most of the pre-World War II era, the biggest sports in America were baseball, boxing, and horse racing.
If you really want to get your 1930s on this weekend, you’ll have that chance: The baseball season is in full swing (Let’S Go Mets!), there’s a huge title fight in the boxing world between Floyd Mayweather and Miguel Cotto, and on Saturday evening, the 138th running of the Kentucky Derby begins.
The Kentucky Derby is an excellent excuse for a party, »
- Kyle Anderson
Similar News ItemsTobey Maguire
- Trailer Trashin’: Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man is Back in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (From CinemaNerdz. 10 December 2013, 7:47 PM, PST)
- No Andrew Garfield For ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 4′? (From The Hollywood News. 10 December 2013, 3:09 PM, PST)
- Courteney Cox Brings Snow Patrol's Johnny McDaid to Jennifer Aniston's Party—Are They Dating? (From E! Online. 10 December 2013, 5:58 AM, PST)
- Collins & Collins: Joan and Pauline team up for buddy movie (From The Guardian - Film News. 10 December 2013, 3:03 AM, PST)
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' Actress, Dead at 91 (From Moviefone. 9 December 2013, 1:15 PM, PST)
- Joan Collins, Pauline Collins to lead comedy road-movie (From ScreenDaily. 8 December 2013, 11:00 PM, PST)
- Bah! Humbug! 10 Alternative Christmas Movies (From Shadowlocked. 12 December 2013, 5:39 AM, PST)
- American Hustle | Review (From ioncinema. 11 December 2013, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Paul Mazursky and Actors: A Love Story (From Variety - Film News. 11 December 2013, 8:00 AM, PST)