Vogue magazine is reportedly turning a new page, promoting healthy living by making a pact to no longer employ emaciated models for their pages.
According to The Associated Press, the 19 editors of Vogue have agreed to "not knowingly work with models under the age of 16 or who appear to have an eating disorder."
Models' sizes have long been controversial. The point gained more traction in 2006 and 2007 following the death of two models that were believed to have suffered complications from eating disorders.
Related: Kris Humphries' Sister Kaela Now a Ford Model
As the foremost influence on the fashion world, Vogue's new commitment could revolutionize the business, which has grown accustomed to using models barely in their teens.
"Most editions of Vogue regularly hire models who are minors, so for Vogue to commit to no longer using models under the age of 16 marks an evolution in the industry," said Sara Ziff, a model who »
Similar News ItemsKris Humphries
- Jeff Van Gundy Says Khloé Kardashian Deserves an Apology from 'Kardashian-Shaming' Cavs Fans (From PEOPLE.com. 10 June 2017, 10:09 AM, PDT)
- Khloe, Kourtney and Kris Blow Up Kardashian Curse Myth in Cavs Win (From TMZ. 10 June 2017, 6:25 AM, PDT)
- Kris Humphries Unloads Beverly Hills House for $8.25 Million (Photo Gallery) (From TMZ. 8 June 2017, 1:46 PM, PDT)
- Meryl Streep Makes History with 20th Oscar Nom: A Look Back at Her Iconic Nominated Roles (From PEOPLE.com. 22 June 2017, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- TV Review: ‘The Bold Type,’ From Former Cosmo Editor Joanna Coles (From Variety - TV News. 20 June 2017, 4:26 PM, PDT)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Models the Only Little Black Bikini You'll Need for Summer 2017 (From PEOPLE.com. 20 June 2017, 9:23 AM, PDT)
Cindy Crawford (I)
- Exclusive: Watch Brittany Furlan's Adorable Reaction to Tommy Lee Dating Rumors After Steamy Kissing Pics (From Entertainment Tonight. 25 June 2017, 12:58 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Rande Gerber on the Clooney Twins: They're the 'Perfect Mix of George and Amal' (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 June 2017, 4:37 PM, PDT)
- George Clooney and Rande Gerber Sell Casamigos Tequila Company for $1 Billion (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 June 2017, 10:15 AM, PDT)