Would You Watch a Basketball Wives Movie?
Yesterday, reports surfaced that Basketball Wives producer Shaunie O'Neal had closed a deal to bring the concept of her show to the big screen. No, we won't be dealing with the equivalent of 2-hour episode of the mothership of the franchise; there will be nary a starring role for any wives or tangentially-related wives. Instead, like Evelyn's upcoming "novel", the Basketball Wives movie will be a "fictional" account of the lifestyle we've followed for four seasons, centering on new characters and new dilemmas.
That's all well and good, but would you watch it?
To put it simply, Shaunie's not getting any of my milk money. This seems like a cheap cash-in on a brand that Madam Executive seems positively embarrassed to associate herself with, no? On a typical episode of Basketball Wives, Shaunie will recoil in horror or give a look of bewilderment at the company she keeps, »
- Shilo Adams
Similar News Items"Basketball Wives" (2010)
- Evelyn Lozada Marks Domestic Violence Awareness Month With ‘Turn Hurt Into Joy’ Campaign (Exclusive) (From Entertainment Tonight. 2 October 2017, 4:14 PM, PDT)
- NBA Alum Derek Fisher & Former Paralympic Swimmer Victoria Arlen Join Dancing with the Stars (From PEOPLE.com. 31 August 2017, 2:23 PM, PDT)
- Former NBA Star Derek Fisher Pleads No Contest to DUI Charge: ‘He Is Deeply Regretful’ (From PEOPLE.com. 29 August 2017, 9:54 AM, PDT)
- Basketball Wives: Cancelled Series Returning to VH1 for Season Six (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 March 2017, 6:29 PM, PDT)
- 'Basketball Wives' -- New Cast Revealed ... Dwyane Wade & Nick Young Won't Be Happy! (From TMZ. 1 December 2016, 2:20 PM, PST)
- Shaunie O'Neal -- My Kids Ain't Afraid Of Racists ... 'I Didn't Raise No Punks' (Video) (From TMZ. 20 November 2016, 12:40 AM, PST)