One might think that after the advent of DVD and Blu-ray, practically every movie and TV show known to mankind would already be available for home viewing.
This is definitely not the case, but Warner Archive is doing its best to fill in the gaps, releasing a slew of previously unreleased titles every week. The 1966 series Tarzan was one such series until recently, when Warner Archive released Tarzan: Season One Part One and Tarzan: Season One Part Two on DVD. The show starred Ron Ely as the title character, a.k.a. Lord Greystoke, and took a much different approach to the jungle dweller, first created by Edgar Rice Burroughs.
I had a chance to speak with the actor over the phone about his role in the series, which ran from 1966 to 1969. Here's what he had to say.
I read that before the series came together, you were »
Similar News ItemsEdgar Rice Burroughs
- Kevin Pollak, Daryl Sabara Join Dating Movie ‘The Lost Year’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 19 October 2016, 3:11 PM, PDT)
- Stephen King’s The Dark Tower Picture Book Charlie The Choo-choo Release Details & Preview Pages (From DailyDead. 19 October 2016, 11:36 AM, PDT)
- Review: Legend of Tarzan (From Comicmix. 14 October 2016, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- Star Trek’s Nichelle Nichols: ‘Martin Luther King was a Trekker’ (From The Guardian - TV News. 18 October 2016, 7:23 AM, PDT)
- ‘Star Trek’ Cast Members Celebrate Show’s 50th Anniversary (From Variety - TV News. 8 September 2016, 3:07 PM, PDT)
- ‘Star Trek’ 50th Anniversary: Where the Actors Are Now (From Variety - TV News. 8 September 2016, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- Phil Collins Talks About Being a ‘Cheap Slut,’ Divorce and Donald Trump While Promoting New Memoir (From PEOPLE.com. 27 October 2016, 6:20 PM, PDT)
- Dwayne Johnson Sings in a New Clip from Disney's Moana (From MovieWeb. 24 October 2016, 10:42 AM, PDT)
- Sliff 2016 – Tribute To King Kong Nov. 6th – Here are the Top Ten Giant Ape Movies of All Time! (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 20 October 2016, 5:32 PM, PDT)