Wetting our appetites, short film, Decapode Shock, acts as the perfect accompaniment to Bustillo and Maury's genre-defying “horror” film, Livid. From a surreal part-animated sci-fi revenge tale with a horse-riding half-man half-crab wearing a spacesuit, Livid misleadingly takes us into the more mundane world of a caregiver.
Trainee Lucie (Chloe Coulloud) is shadowing Catherine (Catherine Jacob) for ten days, accompanying her to clients' houses to help with their daily injections. After Lucie's mother committed suicide some eight months earlier, her dad is working nights and they're desperate for money. The fact her dad's new girlfriend is soon to move in just makes matters worse. When Lucie discovers there's apparently “hidden treasure” in the house of a client, she's convinced by her equally poor fisherman boyfriend to seek it out but uncovers more than she ever dreamed of.
Bustillo and Maury signpost imminent disaster before we even meet Lucie through their suitably eerie title sequence. »
Similar News ItemsAlexandre Bustillo
- ABCs of Death 2 Blu-ray / DVD Release Details & Cover Art (From DailyDead. 10 December 2014, 1:33 PM, PST)
- Clive Barker Delivers New Hellraiser Screenplay (From EmpireOnline. 4 November 2014, 4:02 PM, PST)
- Texas Chainsaw Prequel Leatherface Gains French Directing Duo (From We Got This Covered. 4 November 2014, 8:53 AM, PST)
Howl's Moving Castle (2004)
- Answers to Can You Guess All The Moviesc Take Seven! (From Rope Of Silicon. 15 December 2014, 9:50 AM, PST)
- Watch Hayao Miyazaki Animate The Last Shot of His Final Film (From GeekTyrant. 9 December 2014, 5:57 PM, PST)
- Hayao Miyazaki's path to Studio Ghibli (From Den of Geek. 5 December 2014, 9:12 AM, PST)
- 'Inside' Duo Alexandre Bustillo & Julien Maury to Helm 'Leatherface' (From FirstShowing.net. 4 November 2014, 10:23 AM, PST)
- ‘Leatherface’ to Be Directed by ‘Inside’ Filmmakers (From Slash Film. 3 November 2014, 7:30 AM, PST)
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre prequel Leatherface hires French directors (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 1 November 2014, 9:03 AM, PDT)