Luck. It really should have been so sweet. A show created by one of TV’s most commercially and critically successful producers, a pilot directed by one of the more important filmmakers of his generation, a cast of famous faces and stellar supporting talent, on the network Americans (and indeed, the world) have come to associate with the highest quality programming.
Thirty-five million dollars later, we’ve got little to show for it.
I defy any of you out there to claim you were more excited for Luck than I was. After all, you have not, I dare say, been maintaining a series of essays on every single episode of NYPD Blue, the ’90s cop show created by David Milch (along with Steven Bochco). Milch then went on to create for HBO the western Deadwood, easily the finest western to ever grace the small screen and no minor factor in the success of Timothy Olyphant, »
- Jimmy Callaway
Similar News Items"Boardwalk Empire" (2010)
- 2015 Amazon Black Friday Sales Items (Updated) (From Dark Horizons. 26 November 2015, 2:27 PM, PST)
- New UK poster and trailer for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (From Flickeringmyth. 26 November 2015, 7:20 AM, PST)
- Paramount wants Martin Scorsese for Evel Knievel biopic (From Flickeringmyth. 25 November 2015, 5:30 PM, PST)
- Turkey Leftovers (From FilmExperience. 28 November 2015, 5:00 AM, PST)
- First clip from ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ hits; Welcome to the ‘Panda Village’ (From The Hollywood News. 27 November 2015, 8:23 AM, PST)
- Saif Ali Khan to star in an Indian adaptation of Jon Favreau’s critically acclaimed Chef” (From Bollyspice. 25 November 2015, 11:14 PM, PST)
Michael Mann (I)
- The Least Profitable Films Of The Year Prove The Star Is Dead (From Flickeringmyth. 29 November 2015, 5:25 AM, PST)
- What a Link. What a Lovely Link (From FilmExperience. 28 November 2015, 5:03 PM, PST)
- Drive-In Dust Offs: The Hitcher (From DailyDead. 28 November 2015, 11:42 AM, PST)