Luck. It really should have been so sweet. A show created by one of TV’s most commercially and critically successful producers, a pilot directed by one of the more important filmmakers of his generation, a cast of famous faces and stellar supporting talent, on the network Americans (and indeed, the world) have come to associate with the highest quality programming.
Thirty-five million dollars later, we’ve got little to show for it.
I defy any of you out there to claim you were more excited for Luck than I was. After all, you have not, I dare say, been maintaining a series of essays on every single episode of NYPD Blue, the ’90s cop show created by David Milch (along with Steven Bochco). Milch then went on to create for HBO the western Deadwood, easily the finest western to ever grace the small screen and no minor factor in the success of Timothy Olyphant, »
- Jimmy Callaway
Similar News Items"Boardwalk Empire" (2010)
- How the Age of Antihero TV Has Ruined Us All (From Moviefone. 22 May 2015, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Crow’ Remake Adds Andrea Riseborough as Villain (From Slash Film. 21 May 2015, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- The Crow Remake: Andrea Riseborough May Play Villain Top Dollar (From Collider.com. 21 May 2015, 6:48 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Exclusive Acting Tips from Dustin Hoffman's MasterClass (From Indiewire. 22 May 2015, 11:27 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Cobbler’ VOD Review (From Blogomatic3000. 19 May 2015, 1:12 PM, PDT)
- Cannes Film Review: ‘Amnesia’ (From Variety - Film News. 19 May 2015, 12:13 AM, PDT)
Michael Mann (I)
- Cannes: After Martin Scorsese’s ‘Silence’ Niels Juul Seeks to Bring Other Cecchi Gori Properties to the Bigscreen (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 21 May 2015, 10:17 AM, PDT)
- Sicario Review | Cannes 2015 (From Collider.com. 20 May 2015, 8:26 AM, PDT)
- Cannes Film Review: ‘Sicario’ (From Variety - Film News. 19 May 2015, 1:30 AM, PDT)