Luck. It really should have been so sweet. A show created by one of TV’s most commercially and critically successful producers, a pilot directed by one of the more important filmmakers of his generation, a cast of famous faces and stellar supporting talent, on the network Americans (and indeed, the world) have come to associate with the highest quality programming.
Thirty-five million dollars later, we’ve got little to show for it.
I defy any of you out there to claim you were more excited for Luck than I was. After all, you have not, I dare say, been maintaining a series of essays on every single episode of NYPD Blue, the ’90s cop show created by David Milch (along with Steven Bochco). Milch then went on to create for HBO the western Deadwood, easily the finest western to ever grace the small screen and no minor factor in the success of Timothy Olyphant, »
- Jimmy Callaway
Similar News Items"Boardwalk Empire" (2010)
- ‘True Detective’ Villain Cast in NBC’s ‘Hannibal’ (From The Wrap. 28 January 2015, 12:40 PM, PST)
- 'Steve Jobs' Biopic Begins Production in San Francisco (From MovieWeb. 27 January 2015, 8:00 PM, PST)
- HBO TV Show Ratings (updated 1/27/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 January 2015, 3:49 PM, PST)
- Joe Roth: We Should Nurture a New Generation of Movie Stars (From Variety - Film News. 28 January 2015, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Youthful Redford Immersed in Dirty World of Politics on TCM Tonight (From Alt Film Guide. 27 January 2015, 5:29 PM, PST)
- Sean Penn Set to Receive Honorary Cesar Award in France (From Variety - Film News. 26 January 2015, 11:28 AM, PST)
- Penn Is Latest Hollywood Celeb to Take Home French Academy's Honor (From Alt Film Guide. 28 January 2015, 1:46 PM, PST)
- Sundance Reviews: Robert Redford Vehicle 'A Walk in the Woods' Is a Slog (From Thompson on Hollywood. 28 January 2015, 1:06 PM, PST)
- Blake Shelton to Make Acting Debut in Adam Sandler's Ridiculous 6 (From E! Online. 28 January 2015, 9:23 AM, PST)