Luck. It really should have been so sweet. A show created by one of TV’s most commercially and critically successful producers, a pilot directed by one of the more important filmmakers of his generation, a cast of famous faces and stellar supporting talent, on the network Americans (and indeed, the world) have come to associate with the highest quality programming.
Thirty-five million dollars later, we’ve got little to show for it.
I defy any of you out there to claim you were more excited for Luck than I was. After all, you have not, I dare say, been maintaining a series of essays on every single episode of NYPD Blue, the ’90s cop show created by David Milch (along with Steven Bochco). Milch then went on to create for HBO the western Deadwood, easily the finest western to ever grace the small screen and no minor factor in the success of Timothy Olyphant, »
- Jimmy Callaway
Similar News Items"Boardwalk Empire" (2010)
- Katherine Waterston cast as female lead in Steve Jobs biopic (From National Ledger. 24 December 2014, 11:00 AM, PST)
- 'Inherent Vice' femme fatale Katherine Waterston lands Steve Jobs biopic (From Hitfix. 24 December 2014, 7:32 AM, PST)
- HBO TV Show Ratings (updated 12/23/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 December 2014, 11:24 PM, PST)
- ‘Art and Craft’ Could Join These Ten Art-Related Docs to Garner Oscar Noms (From Scott Feinberg. 19 December 2014, 9:09 AM, PST)
- Paterson Joseph interview: Good Omens, Doctor Who, Neil Gaiman (From Den of Geek. 19 December 2014, 8:52 AM, PST)
- New Years Day’s best TV (From The Guardian - TV News. 19 December 2014, 6:50 AM, PST)
- Gracepoint (From TVSeriesFinale. 15 December 2014, 5:35 PM, PST)
- Gracepoint: Cancelled, No Season Two on Fox but... (From TVSeriesFinale. 15 December 2014, 5:06 PM, PST)
- "Gracepoint" Canceled by Fox -- See Which Other Shows Got the Axe! (From TooFab. 15 December 2014, 3:15 PM, PST)