Scott Stewart, who wrote and directed 2009’s Legion, has attracted Dimension Films with his newest project, Dark Skies. Stewart has an impressive resume of films such as Sin City and Iron Man that he has done visual effects for through the SFX house, The Orphanage, which had a significant impact in films over the last decade. Dark Skies is Stewart’s fourth feature film as a writer and director.
According to Deadline, Dimension Films has acquired the domestic distribution rights to Stewart’s latest project. Dark Skies will be jointly produced by Insidious producer Jason Blum under his banner Blumhouse Productions and Alliance Films. Brian Kavanaugh-Jones along with Alliance’s Charles Layton will executive produce the project. Alliance Films will be handling distribution in Canada and the UK and Spain.
Dark Skies is a supernatural thriller that Bloody Disgusting says is about “a 6-year-old boy who’s apparently been ‘marked »
- Lillian 'zenbitch' Standefer
Similar News ItemsIron Man (2008)
- Your Favorite Thing Today: Potential Groom Fights Ninjas, Batman, Iron Man and More Before Getting Married (From Movies.com. 7 December 2013)
- Jon Favreau to Direct Fantasy Series Pilot Shanarra (From GeekTyrant. 6 December 2013, 4:30 PM, PST)
- Thor: The Dark World crosses $600 million worldwide (From Flickeringmyth. 6 December 2013, 2:49 PM, PST)
Sin City (2005)
- WWE Deny Network Launch Is Imminent (From Obsessed with Film. 6 December 2013, 10:30 AM, PST)
- The Hollywood Booze Episode 82: Listen You Darlings (From The Hollywood News. 6 December 2013, 12:00 AM, PST)
- Big Kahuna Burger Returns in From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series Set Photo (From MovieWeb. 4 December 2013, 4:57 PM, PST)
- What makes a Great Scare? – The Conjuring’s director James Wan tells us (From HeyUGuys. 5 December 2013, 4:03 AM, PST)
- Daily Dead 2013 Holiday Gift Guide- Day Three (From DailyDead. 4 December 2013, 2:35 PM, PST)
- 'Jurassic World' set 22 years after original (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 November 2013, 8:29 AM, PST)