Grownups: They'll let you down! Or more accurately, they'll let you down by telling you the truth. Jerks. On Mad Men last night, we watched helplessly as elders threw tough love at their kids: Peggy's mother alerted her to the dangers of living in sin; Megan Draper's father warned her about forfeiting ambition; even Sally Draper learned a lesson in filthy adulthood -- but not from her staggeringly terrible father! Bizarre! But within all the cross-generational nuttiness, Mad Men managed to dish some faboo moments too. Here are this week's top five.
1. Megan Draper is a marketing genius and -- sigh -- hates herself for it.
It's predictable that Megan would be so brainy and instinctive. When we met her last season, she seemed like another grinning mannequin in the mold of Don's past flings, but Mad Men's favorite pastime is stunning you with "unexpected" character development. Megan's social »
Similar News Items"Mad Men" (2007)
- First Look: Brian Cox Stars in Jonathan Teplitzky’s ‘Churchill’ (From Variety - Film News. 24 May 2016, 2:56 PM, PDT)
- Emmy Contenders 2016: Sneak Peek of the Top Races (From Variety - TV News. 24 May 2016, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Churchill' shoot begins; cast revealed (From ScreenDaily. 24 May 2016, 3:14 AM, PDT)
- Wallander: Kenneth Branagh Says Goodbye and Thank You (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 May 2016, 8:13 PM, PDT)
- Ynms: Beauty and the Beast (From FilmExperience. 23 May 2016, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- First Dunkirk Set Photos Emerge as Christopher Nolan Begins Shooting (From MovieWeb. 23 May 2016, 10:28 AM, PDT)
Elizabeth Taylor (I)
- Katherine Webb Gives Birth to Her First Child With Husband Aj McCarron (From E! Online. 24 May 2016, 6:56 PM, PDT)
- First Images From ‘How To Talk To Girls At Parties,’ ‘Zeroville,’ ‘Free Fire,’ and More (From The Film Stage. 10 May 2016, 12:18 PM, PDT)
- Kristen Stewart Lets Down Her Guard: Inside Her Reinvention (From Variety - Film News. 9 May 2016, 5:29 PM, PDT)