Bong of the Dead, 2011.
Written and Directed by Thomas Newman.
The world is in disarray as zombies have taken over, but stoner buddies Tommy and Edwin have figured out a way of benefiting from the apocalypse.
I was umm-ing and ahh-ing about when I’d finally get round to watching Bong of the Dead – I was not expecting much, and thus getting it watched was not a top priority, but I finally stuck it in the DVD player, and well… read on.
When reading the tagline on the DVD menu – “There will be bud!” – I would expect the film I am about to witness to be a stoner comedy, Half Baked with zombies perhaps. What I wouldn’t expect (or at least would hope would not to be the case), is an hour and a half snore-a-thon with no laughs, and no heart. »
Similar News ItemsThomas Newman (IV)
- Bong Of The Dead – Getting Stoned With Zombies (From Best-Horror-Movies.com. 10 August 2011, 4:37 PM, PDT)
- Bong of the Dead and Forgetting the Mic' Check: A Movie Review (From 28 Days Later Analysis. 3 June 2011, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Take a Hit of Bong of the Dead (From shocktillyoudrop. 15 March 2011)
- 'Life Partners' Poster with Leighton Meester and Gillian Jacobs (From MovieWeb. 6 October 2014, 12:22 PM, PDT)
- Magnolia Picks Up 'Life Partners' Starring Leighton Meester (From MovieWeb. 16 May 2014, 6:41 PM, PDT)
- Leighton Meester, Adam Brody start filming 'The Life Partner' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 25 April 2013, 4:29 AM, PDT)
Half Baked (1998)
- 16 things we learned from Dave Chappelle's revealing GQ interview (From Hitfix. 18 November 2014, 3:59 PM, PST)
- Tiff 2014: Jon Stewart, first-time filmmaker, is no joke (From Cineplex. 6 September 2014, 5:02 PM, PDT)
- The 6 Best Non-Stoner Films About Pot (From Filmonic. 20 May 2014, 1:30 PM, PDT)