The grim reaper is heading to Seattle Grace. Series creator Shonda Rhimes told TV Guide Magazine a beloved character will die on the "Grey's Anatomy" Season 8 finale. And while she was at it, Rhimes confirmed it's a season finale, not a series finale.
"A lot of our writers were crying, which is a very rare thing," Rhimes said. "There's some really shocking, horrible moments."
HuffPost TV was on the set of "Grey's Anatomy" in March and discussed the possibility of the show continuing to Season 10. "A lot of people say that," Pompeo said. "Personally I think that sounds a bit arrogant ... to assume that people will tune in for 10 years," Pompeo said. "[But] for as long as we have them tuning in, »
- Chris Harnick
Similar News Items"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)
- ABC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 12/20/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 December 2014, 1:20 PM, PST)
- HitFix's Guilty Pleasures of 2014 (From Hitfix. 19 December 2014, 4:55 PM, PST)
- 'People' names Kate Upton 'Sexiest Woman Alive' (From EW.com - PopWatch. 18 December 2014, 7:08 PM, PST)
- The Ultimate Binge-Watch Guide: Which TV Shows to Marathon Over the Holidays! (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 December 2014, 7:00 PM, PST)
- Another Trophy for Shonda Rhimes to Add to Her Collection: Announced as Recipient of WGA's 2015 Award for Television Writing Achievement (From ShadowAndAct. 18 December 2014, 9:16 AM, PST)
- Ariana Grande to Amal Alaumuddin: 10 of the Biggest Breakout Stars of 2014 (From Entertainment Tonight. 17 December 2014, 12:54 PM, PST)
Patrick Dempsey (I)
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Will Alex and Jo Get Married? (From The Hollywood Reporter. 18 December 2014, 11:00 AM, PST)
- 'Alvin and the Chipmunks 4' Finds a Director (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 17 December 2014, 11:48 AM, PST)
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Stars Answer Season 11's Burning Questions (From The Hollywood Reporter. 25 November 2014, 11:00 AM, PST)