Screenwriter Charlie Kaufman has signed on to adapt The Knife of Never Letting Go for Lionsgate. The book is the first in author Patrick Ness' Chaos Walking trilogy, which the studio is eyeing as a possible franchise.
The story is set in a future where humans are trying to colonize a planet similar to Earth. A bizarre infection known as The Noise spreads throughout the planet, which makes all human thought audible. When a corrupt dictator threatens to take control of civilization, a young boy named Todd Hewitt is the only one who can prevent the planet's complete devastation.
Similar News ItemsLionsgate [us]
- Lionsgate gives the green light to John Wick 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 4 May 2015, 11:43 PM, PDT)
- John Wick 2 Green Lit with Keanu Reeves and Original Directors Returning; No Release Date Yet (From TheHDRoom. 4 May 2015, 8:50 PM, PDT)
- Lionsgate Officially Announces John Wick 2; Keanu Reeves Set To Return (From ComicBookMovie. 4 May 2015, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- Movie Review – 8 1/2 (1963) (From Flickeringmyth. 30 April 2015, 10:56 PM, PDT)
- Why 1999 was the best year in movie history (From Hitfix. 30 April 2015, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- Caroline Moran interview: writing Raised By Wolves (From Den of Geek. 20 April 2015, 12:19 AM, PDT)
- Daniel Espinosa Tackling Morningstar For Warner Bros. (From We Got This Covered. 25 March 2015, 2:37 PM, PDT)
- Espinosa, Walter Setup New Projects (From Dark Horizons. 24 March 2015, 6:02 AM, PDT)
- Daniel Espinosa in Talks to Direct ‘Morningstar’ for Warner Bros. (Exclusive) (From The Wrap. 23 March 2015, 6:21 PM, PDT)