Screenwriter Charlie Kaufman has signed on to adapt The Knife of Never Letting Go for Lionsgate. The book is the first in author Patrick Ness' Chaos Walking trilogy, which the studio is eyeing as a possible franchise.
The story is set in a future where humans are trying to colonize a planet similar to Earth. A bizarre infection known as The Noise spreads throughout the planet, which makes all human thought audible. When a corrupt dictator threatens to take control of civilization, a young boy named Todd Hewitt is the only one who can prevent the planet's complete devastation.
Similar News ItemsLionsgate [us]
- Night Shyamalan, Cuba Gooding Jr. And Donald Sutherland Among Mipcom’s Talent Slate (From Variety - TV News. 16 September 2014, 9:44 AM, PDT)
- Lionsgate's Jon Feltheimer Will Receive Milestone Award From Producers Guild (From The Wrap. 9 September 2014, 10:27 AM, PDT)
- Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer Awarded with Producers Guild Milestone Award (From Variety - Film News. 9 September 2014, 9:37 AM, PDT)
- The Definitive ‘What the F**k?’ Movies: 20-11 (From SoundOnSight. 13 September 2014, 7:07 PM, PDT)
- Telluride 2014: ‘Birdman’ is a mad, rambling masterpiece about egotism and salvation (From SoundOnSight. 13 September 2014, 1:39 PM, PDT)
- Notes from a Romantic Realist (From Flickeringmyth. 28 August 2014, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Summer Film Budgets vs. Total Worldwide Grosses (From Deadline New York. 2 September 2014, 6:51 PM, PDT)
- Jamie Linden to Write Lionsgate’s ‘Chaos Walking’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 20 August 2014, 11:53 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Writer Jeff Buhler Talks Remakes of The Grudge, Jacob's Ladder, and More on Pet Sematary (From Dread Central. 12 August 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)