They're rich, they're fabulous and ... they're Persian.
In case you haven't heard of it, "Shahs Of Sunset" is a reality show that follows the glitz and glamour of six best friends living in Los Angeles. "Shahs" aims to find the balance between having an American social life but also staying true to one's roots -- and of course, viewers get to witness the bickering, the closets and the drama.
But unlike "90210," these characters are as diverse in their taste as they are in ethnicity, including Reza Farahan, the show's "openly gay Persian man," who knows a thing or two about luxury. He chatted with HuffPost TV about debunking stereotypes and the importance of having life-long friends.
With any show that has a particular focus on an ethnic community, there's always some sort of backlash. How do you deal with people’s negative reaction?
I don’t care. The funny thing »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsAmerican Friends (1991)
- Tribeca 2014: Midnight Section Includes Zombeavers, Extraterrestrial, and More; New Stills! (From Dread Central. 6 March 2014, 12:26 PM, PST)
- Tribeca 2014: Katie Holmes, Robin Williams, and Patrick Stewart headline world premieres (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 6 March 2014, 9:01 AM, PST)
- 'The Americans,' A to Z (From Rolling Stone. 24 February 2014, 7:28 AM, PST)
"All-American Muslim" (2011)
- ‘Duck Dynasty’: Advertisers Paying Big Bucks Despite Controversy (From Variety - TV News. 7 January 2014, 9:04 AM, PST)
- Lifetime Appoints Mariana Flynn Vice Prez of Nonfiction Programming (From Variety - TV News. 19 November 2013, 10:06 AM, PST)
- TLC orders controversial 'Tattoo School' to series -- Exclusive (From EW.com - Inside TV. 2 May 2012, 1:31 PM, PDT)
- 'Shahs Of Sunset's' Reza Farahan Engaged (From Access Hollywood. 5 February 2014, 10:06 AM, PST)
- Shahs of Sunset's Reza Farahan and Adam Neely Are Engaged (From PEOPLE.com. 5 February 2014, 8:05 AM, PST)
- "Shahs of Sunset" Star Reza Farahan Engaged To Adam Neely! (From TooFab. 5 February 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)