"The Tonight Show" host Jay Leno sat down for a "Press Pass" interview with David Gregory this past Sunday to talk politics and comedy, working with George W. Bush vs. Al Gore and how his comedy differs from that of Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.
According to Leno, Republicans and Democrats differ when it comes to how they approach comedy on his show. He found that President George W. Bush had less reservations about appearing in a comedy sketch mocking his intelligence, whereas preparation for another bit with Al Gore involved bringing in "focus groups and media people" on his behalf.
"You know, Democrats and Republicans are interesting because Republicans really laugh at themselves more," Leno said.
He also criticized Democrat John Kerry for "pushing it a little too hard" when he rode a motorcycle onto the "Tonight Show" set with a beer in an attempt to appear more like a "regular guy. »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Lena Dunham on SNL: See the Highlights Here (From PEOPLE.com. 9 March 2014, 8:05 AM, PDT)
- 'Cosmos' then and now: The 'personal voyage' of Carl Sagan, the Hollywood cool of Neil deGrasse Tyson (From EW.com - PopWatch. 9 March 2014, 8:02 AM, PDT)
- Liam Neeson hates it when things like Crimea are 'Taken' on 'SNL' (From Hitfix. 9 March 2014, 12:35 AM, PST)
- Young Viewers Drawn to Jimmy Fallon on NBC’s ‘Tonight Show’ (From Variety - TV News. 6 March 2014, 1:57 PM, PST)
- Arsenio Hall And Prince Tie Jimmy Kimmel In Demo (From Deadline TV. 6 March 2014, 11:56 AM, PST)
- ABC’s ‘World News With Diane Sawyer’ Responds To Brian Williams’ Charge Of Goading Baby Jude: Video (From Deadline TV. 5 March 2014, 5:58 PM, PST)
- Bill Whitaker Joins ‘60 Minutes’ As Correspondent (From Deadline TV. 6 March 2014, 12:15 PM, PST)
- Glenn Beck Mocks Obama and Kerry for Not Taking Palin Seriously (From Mediaite - TV. 4 March 2014, 9:45 AM, PST)
- Arizona Governor Weighs Controversial 'Religious Freedom' Bill (From PEOPLE.com. 26 February 2014, 5:05 AM, PST)