Acts of Godfrey, 2012.
Written and Directed by Johnny Daukes.
God (Simon Callow) presents us a story (in verse), mainly following Victor (Iain Robertson) at a business seminar but bringing in others and slowly revealing how every single one of them is connected.
A film that takes existentialism as one of its themes is probably suited to the image of a man standing naked outside a classy hotel, rain pouring down on him. But I’ll come back to that later. Johnny Daukes, director, writer, even on the soundtrack, has crafted a decent film out of an idea that sounds like it could be up its own backside.
And because it’s the biggest point about a film that’s in verse, the huge, neon-signed, man bellowing through a megaphone question is: Can the writing be good without being a show-off gimmick? »
Similar News ItemsDominic West
- News Bits: Lava, Bfg, Pride, Giver, Apehood, True (From Dark Horizons. 11 July 2014, 5:57 PM, PDT)
- CBS Films Acquires Matthew Warchus Cannes Crowdpleaser 'Pride' for Fall Release (From Thompson on Hollywood. 10 July 2014, 2:35 PM, PDT)
- CBS Films Buys Cannes Labor Union Movie ‘Pride’ (From Variety - Film News. 10 July 2014, 1:47 PM, PDT)
AVP: Alien vs. Predator (2004)
- Stan Winston Week: A Look Back at Predator with Carl Weathers & Exclusive Photo Gallery (From DailyDead. 9 July 2014, 1:53 PM, PDT)
- Let the Hunt Begin! Fan Film Predator: Dark Ages to Feature Predator vs. Knights Templar (From Dread Central. 9 July 2014, 10:36 AM, PDT)
- Marvelous DA7E 54: 'Guardians' Blue Itself, 'Powers' Lives, Batman V. Fakery (From LatinoReview. 9 July 2014, 10:21 AM, PDT)
- Review: Godzilla (From Slackerwood. 16 May 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Karl Urban Urges Fans To Sign A Petition For A Dredd Sequel (From Cinema Blend. 8 April 2014, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive Interview With Clint Mansell On Noah (From We Got This Covered. 2 April 2014, 7:18 AM, PDT)