Former child star Mara Wilson has vowed never to act onscreen again, branding moviemaking "tedious".
Wilson, 24, made her cinema debut at the age of four, playing Robin Williams' onscreen daughter in 1993 hit Mrs. Doubtfire, and she also enjoyed roles in a 1994 remake of Miracle on 34th Street and 1996's Matilda.
However, the young star eventually quit making films to study art and work as a playwright, and Wilson is adamant she will never return to Hollywood as she didn't enjoy life on movie sets.
In a post on her blog, she writes, "It (acting) was a fun pastime... Here is something no real celebrity will ever tell you: film acting is not very fun. Doing the same thing over and over again until, in the director's eyes, you get it right, does not allow for very much creative freedom...
"My point is that film can be exciting, but more often, it's tedious. The celebrity aspect is nothing short of ridiculous, and auditioning is brutal and dehumanising. Every time I see a pretty young girl on the subway reading sides for an audition, my only thought is 'Man, am I glad I'm not doing that anymore.' I never feel nostalgia, just relief.
"The short answer is no, I don't have any plans to pursue film acting. It's not my thing anymore, if it ever was. Yes, I do still act sometimes. But when I do, it's with people I know and trust, people who respect me as a person and appreciate what I have to offer. Yes, I love working in theatre and have always loved voice-over, but pursuing a full-time live-action film career does not appeal to me... And no, you will not ever see me on Dancing With The Stars. Sorry."
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- ABC 2016-17 Season Ratings (updated 8/20/17) (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 August 2017, 1:34 PM, PDT)
- When will ‘Dancing with the Stars’ season 25 cast be announced? ‘DWTS’ confirms reveal date for pro dancers (From Gold Derby. 19 August 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Meet an Emmy Nominee: 'Dancing With the Stars' Star Derek Hough (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 18 August 2017, 12:42 PM, PDT)
Robin Williams (I)
- We Are Family: Crowdfunding Picks (From Women and Hollywood. 17 August 2017, 1:01 PM, PDT)
- 14 Blockbusters to See This Season, From ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ to ‘Blade Runner 2049’ and Many More (From Indiewire. 17 August 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- 20 Years Back: Celebrating the Cinematic Delights of 1997 (From Flickeringmyth. 12 August 2017, 12:34 PM, PDT)
Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)
- 12 Scary Movies From Your Childhood That Probably Made You Wet the Bed (From BuzzSugar. 16 August 2017, 12:35 PM, PDT)
- The unmade Planet Of The Apes movies of the 1990s (From Den of Geek. 15 August 2017, 12:59 PM, PDT)
- Sarah Michelle Gellar Remembers Robin Williams on 3rd Anniversary of His Death: 'We Miss You Everyday' (From Entertainment Tonight. 11 August 2017, 11:30 AM, PDT)