And, after raking in $11.6 million (GBP7.2 million) in America during its opening weekend (13-15Apr12) and a whopping $88.2 million (GBP55.1 million) overseas, the film's total haul now stands at $2.03 billion.
Only one other film has achieved greater monetary success - Cameron's 2009 blockbuster Avatar, which earned a total of $2.8 billion.
Similar News ItemsLeonardo DiCaprio
- Tom Cruise’s ‘Mission Impossible 5′ Release Shifted to Summer (From The Wrap. 26 January 2015, 12:46 PM, PST)
- Leonardo DiCaprio roughs it up in first look images from The Revenant (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 26 January 2015, 8:25 AM, PST)
- Sundance 2015 review: Z for Zachariah – Chiwetel Ejiofor circles post-apocalypse love triangle (From The Guardian - Film News. 26 January 2015, 4:40 AM, PST)
James Cameron (I)
- 10 Things Everybody Gets Wrong About 2014 Movies (From Obsessed with Film. 24 January 2015, 4:22 AM, PST)
- Terminator Art by Grzegorz Domaradzki (From GeekTyrant. 23 January 2015, 4:56 PM, PST)
- Week in Review: Martin Scorsese’s ‘Silence’ is finally getting made (From SoundOnSight. 23 January 2015, 10:26 AM, PST)
- The Blob Remake Moving Forward, Simon West to Direct (From DailyDead. 22 January 2015, 7:19 AM, PST)
- Wolf Totem: Watch The Trailer For Jean-Jacques Annaud's Latest (From Twitch. 21 January 2015, 6:00 AM, PST)
- 15 Actors Who Could Be The Breakout Stars Of 2015 (From Obsessed with Film. 21 January 2015, 1:33 AM, PST)