Today marks the centennial of the great French photography Robert Doisneau and though he wasn't a celebrity photographer -- the kind we obviously have the greatest use for as film obsessives -- he did them on occassion. I love this shot of one of the great auteur/muse pairings (both onscreen and off) actor Jean Marais (left) and Jean Cocteau (right).
Remember when Anthony Hopkins and Natasha McElhone pretended to be them? I know I know. No one saw Surviving Picasso (1996)... but I did because Julianne Moore was Dora Maar (another Picasso victim... excuse me, lover!) and with Julianne I martyr myself to completism.
If you could photograph one auteur/muse pairing, who would it be? »
- NATHANIEL R
Similar News ItemsJulianne Moore
- Enter George Clooney’s ‘Suburbicon’ in New Trailer (From The Film Stage. 21 August 2017, 5:10 AM, PDT)
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle TV spots explore The Golden Circle organisation (From Flickeringmyth. 21 August 2017, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- Kingsman 2 TV Spot Brings Harry and Eggsy Together (From MovieWeb. 20 August 2017, 5:00 PM, PDT)
Anthony Hopkins (I)
- Transformers: The Last Knight passes $600 million at the global box office (From Flickeringmyth. 21 August 2017, 3:05 AM, PDT)
- Blitzway releasing new line of Hannibal Lecter action figures (From Flickeringmyth. 19 August 2017, 5:20 AM, PDT)
- 'Westworld' Creators Dissect Evan Rachel Wood's Major Character Twist (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 18 August 2017, 7:15 AM, PDT)
- Ronin (From Trailers from Hell. 15 August 2017, 12:55 PM, PDT)
- Blu-ray Review – Ronin (1998) (From Flickeringmyth. 14 August 2017, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Why Steven Soderbergh’s ‘Solaris’ Sets the Standard for Movie Remakes (From Indiewire. 10 August 2017, 9:59 AM, PDT)