Part of the reason cinephiles love to carry on about director Alfonso Cuarón’s Children of Men is because the dystopian sci-fi thriller features some of the most complicated sequence shots and elaborate long takes ever created, primarily through practical means (as opposed to during post-production). It’s long been known that the filmmaker aims to outdo himself with his next project: a 3D sci-fi thriller titled Gravity, which takes place almost entirely within the confines of a crippled spaceship – piloted by the lone survivor of a destructive asteroid collision (Sandra Bullock).
Gravity executive producer Chris DeFaria recently spoke about the project at the 5D | Flux conference at USC – where he revealed that Cuarón’s 3D flick is going to be (from a filmmaking perspective) even more ambitious (insane?) than previously expected.
According to DeFaria, Gravity opens with ...
- Sandy Schaefer
Similar News ItemsSandra Bullock
- All the Ways Sandra Bullock Has Won Over Hollywood (From Popsugar. 25 July 2014, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Roland Mouret Collaborates with Banana Republic: Sneak Peek of the Designer's Capsule Collection (From Us Weekly. 25 July 2014, 7:21 AM, PDT)
- Sandra and The Kiss (From FilmExperience. 24 July 2014, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- Chelsea Handler Wishes Sandra Bullock an Early "Happiest Birthday"—See The Pic! (From E! Online. 25 July 2014, 5:30 PM, PDT)
- Tim's Toons: The voice of Sandra Bullock (From FilmExperience. 24 July 2014, 6:20 PM, PDT)
- Top 9 High School Horrors (From Dread Central. 22 July 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Matthew McConaughey and Christopher Nolan surprise with 'Interstellar' trailer (From Hitfix. 24 July 2014, 4:54 PM, PDT)
- Live(ish) from San Diego Comic Con! (From FilmExperience. 24 July 2014, 4:12 AM, PDT)
- Preview: Lifetime’s ‘The Lottery’ (From LatinoReview. 18 July 2014, 7:19 PM, PDT)