Film of gritty Paris suburbs to be shown by Future Cinema with Asian Dub Foundation live score on Broadwater Farm Estate
When the film La Haine was released in 1995, it sent shockwaves through French society with its gritty portrayal of urban youth in the bleak suburbs of Paris. Seventeen years later, the film is to be screened in Tottenham, north London, where the UK riots began in summer 2011.
Screened by the interactive company Future Cinema, the film will be shown on the eve of the London mayoral election and is intended to reopen debate about the causes of the riots while reaching out to young people on the Broadwater Farm estate, said founder Fabien Riggall.
"We believe cinema is a really powerful medium that is universal and should be available to everyone. This estate, and the most disadvantaged estates around the country, are full of creative and bright young people »
- Alexandra Topping
Similar News ItemsVincent Cassel
- Everything We Know About Victoria's Secret Model Camille Rowe – the Latest Lady Linked to Harry Styles (From PEOPLE.com. 1 August 2017, 9:35 AM, PDT)
- Cedric Klapisch’s ‘Back to Burgundy’ Lands at Music Box (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 26 June 2017, 3:03 PM, PDT)
- 15 Films to See in June (From The Film Stage. 1 June 2017, 6:17 AM, PDT)
Grand Hotel (1932/I)
- Karlovy Vary rewards Laverty and Loach by Richard Mowe - 2017-07-05 15:00:55 (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 5 July 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Recommended Films in Times of Madness: Singing Kidnappers and Dancing Puerto Ricans Will Make You Forget Ballistic Missiles (From Alt Film Guide. 4 July 2017, 11:36 PM, PDT)
- Europe’s finest vie for top prize by Richard Mowe - 2017-07-03 08:16:11 (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 3 July 2017, 12:16 AM, PDT)
- Locarno Film Review: ‘Sparring’ (From Variety - Film News. 10 August 2017, 11:44 AM, PDT)
- First Trailer For Michael Haneke’s Cannes Fave ‘Happy End’ (From The Hollywood News. 20 July 2017, 1:12 AM, PDT)
- “Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets” offers a visually stimulating universe (From Hollywoodnews.com. 19 July 2017, 9:31 AM, PDT)