ABC is bringing viewers a four-part miniseries titled "Titanic," airing on the two days that mark the 100-year anniversary of the famous liner sinking in the north Atlantic. Since there were over 2000 people on board the ship, outfitting them all for the miniseries was no easy feat.
"On this particular production, we have about 2500 extras as well as a principle cast of nearly 90 ... a lot of the costumes have been made from scratch," says James Keast, the costume designer.
And the actors are grateful for the pieces, saying it helped them get into character and do their jobs better.
David Calder, who plays Titanic's Captain Smith, says, "This particular style of uniform that was popular and in vogue at the time is an enormous aid in playing the part. It's doing half the job for you."
And actor Linus Roache says of his aristocratic costumes playing the Earl of Manton, »
Similar News ItemsCelia Imrie
- Our Friend Victoria review: a lovefest in honour of a silly, sweet and brilliant talent (From The Guardian - TV News. 11 April 2017, 11:20 PM, PDT)
- ‘A Cure For Wellness’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 27 February 2017, 10:01 AM, PST)
- Movie Review – A Cure for Wellness (2017) (From Flickeringmyth. 22 February 2017, 10:05 AM, PST)
- The Flash’s Grant Gustin joins The Last Full Measure (From Flickeringmyth. 30 March 2017, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- 'Fantastic Beasts' Star Alison Sudol Joins 'The Last Full Measure' (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 28 March 2017, 11:17 PM, PDT)
- ‘Bancroft’ Casts Sarah Parish; Federation Ent. Names COO; Britannia Awards Sets Date; Wbitd Ups Exec – Global Briefs (From Deadline. 22 March 2017, 5:03 AM, PDT)
- ‘Jurassic World 2’ First Look: Director J.A. Bayona Teases Mysterious New Character (From Variety - Film News. 8 March 2017, 3:09 PM, PST)
- James Cromwell Joins Universal’s ‘Jurassic World’ Sequel (From Variety - Film News. 16 February 2017, 3:02 PM, PST)
- A Downton Abbey film is quite possibly happening (From The Hollywood News. 29 January 2017, 11:00 PM, PST)