The actress admits scenes that called for her energetic character to run, squat and jump left her out of breath and she decided it was time to watch her weight.
Najimy tells Access Hollywood Live, "I had some joint problems and so I thought, 'I should get healthy,' so I did a lot of exercise... and (ate) low-fat food."
And the star admits a zumba dance class really helped: "Zumba I really like a lot... (It works) if you have a hot teacher like I do... I get there at 11 o'clock with lip-gloss."
Similar News Items"Access Hollywood" (1996)
- Today: Willie Geist Leaving Third Hour, Passes Baton to Billy Bush (From TVLine.com. 22 August 2016, 11:42 AM, PDT)
- Willie Geist Leaving Third Hour of ‘Today,’ Billy Bush to Replace Him (From Variety - TV News. 22 August 2016, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- Nicole Johnson Celebrates Michael Phelps' Final Swim with Baby Boomer and Parents (From PEOPLE.com. 14 August 2016, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Kathy Najimy, Paul Iacono Join Mike Roma Indie ‘Dating My Mother’ (From The Wrap. 18 August 2016, 6:31 PM, PDT)
- Kathryn Erbe, Kathy Najimy to Star in Comedy ‘Dating My Mother’ (From Variety - Film News. 17 August 2016, 10:16 AM, PDT)
- Us Briefs: Burn Later Productions, Killer Films cast 'Lemon' (From ScreenDaily. 16 August 2016, 6:39 PM, PDT)
Sister Act (1992)
- Whoopi Goldberg Rips Daily Mail Over ‘View’ Casting Report (From The Wrap. 3 August 2016, 11:37 AM, PDT)
- TV Land Renews ‘Younger’ for Season 3 (From Variety - TV News. 6 January 2016, 10:15 AM, PST)
- ‘School of Rock’ Broadway Review: Julian Fellowes, Andrew Lloyd Webber Try to Rock (From The Wrap. 6 December 2015, 4:11 PM, PST)