Titanic often provokes derision among serious critics. Could it be because its box office success was driven by teenage girls?
It's the 100th anniversary of the doomed voyage of the Titanic this month, and you'd have a job not noticing, what with the stamps and the exhibition and the ITV series. And, of course, the re-release of James Cameron's 1997 leviathan of a movie. Yay!
I do have a few reservations: I could do without the Celine Dion theme song, for one. Also, yes, if she'd stayed in the lifeboat that time, they probably would both have survived. And, Ok, this version of the movie is in retro-fitted 3D which, frankly, the movie doesn't need; the replica ship that Cameron built is impressive enough without the precisely recreated period furniture jumping out and poking you in the eye. But, nevertheless, I am delighted by the chance to revel in the »
- Mathilda Gregory
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Are "Not Back Together!": Find Out What Really Happened Last Night (From E! Online. 28 May 2015, 11:10 AM, PDT)
- Selena & Justin Reunite (From Access Hollywood. 28 May 2015, 10:38 AM, PDT)
- Charlie Sheen -- Sooo Dripping Wet ... Over Justin Bieber!!?? (From TMZ. 28 May 2015, 7:01 AM, PDT)
- TV Academy Honors Rewards Programs Shaking the Status Quo (From Variety - TV News. 27 May 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio Caught Using Selfie Stick By Himself, and More NYC Adventures! (From Us Weekly. 27 May 2015, 9:54 AM, PDT)
- Even Leonardo DiCaprio Uses a Selfie Stick! (From E! Online. 26 May 2015, 7:03 PM, PDT)
- Little Mix Covers "Pretty Girls" and Clarifies Comments About Giving the Song to Britney Spears—Watch Now! (From E! Online. 28 May 2015, 9:49 AM, PDT)
- Michael Jackson Molestation Case Dismissed: Judge Rules Wade Johnson Waited Too Long to File (From Us Weekly. 28 May 2015, 2:22 AM, PDT)
- Could Amy Schumer Be the Next Bachelorette?! (From Popsugar. 27 May 2015, 1:15 PM, PDT)