Titanic often provokes derision among serious critics. Could it be because its box office success was driven by teenage girls?
It's the 100th anniversary of the doomed voyage of the Titanic this month, and you'd have a job not noticing, what with the stamps and the exhibition and the ITV series. And, of course, the re-release of James Cameron's 1997 leviathan of a movie. Yay!
I do have a few reservations: I could do without the Celine Dion theme song, for one. Also, yes, if she'd stayed in the lifeboat that time, they probably would both have survived. And, Ok, this version of the movie is in retro-fitted 3D which, frankly, the movie doesn't need; the replica ship that Cameron built is impressive enough without the precisely recreated period furniture jumping out and poking you in the eye. But, nevertheless, I am delighted by the chance to revel in the »
- Mathilda Gregory
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- Justin Bieber may have killed Brian and other 'Family Guy' Comic-Con highlights (From Hitfix. 26 July 2014, 2:43 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con: ‘Family Guy’ Producers on ‘Simpsons’ Crossover and Movie Plans (From Variety - TV News. 26 July 2014, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber -- Pays Visit To Probation Dept. (From TMZ. 25 July 2014, 5:08 PM, PDT)
- Leo's Shirtless Tour of Europe Heads to Ibiza (From Popsugar. 28 July 2014, 6:18 AM, PDT)
- 85 Stars Being Sweet With Their Moms (From Popsugar. 27 July 2014, 4:18 PM, PDT)
- How ‘The Avengers’ & ‘Lucy’ Turned Scarlett Johansson Into an Action Superstar (From Variety - Film News. 27 July 2014, 10:18 AM, PDT)
- Brody Jenner Claims Kim Kardashian Kissed Brandon Jenner (From Popsugar. 28 July 2014, 8:08 AM, PDT)
- Britney Spears in Lingerie—See the Sexy New Pic Now! (From E! Online. 28 July 2014, 5:45 AM, PDT)
- Britney Spears Takes Sons Sean and Jayden to Disneyland: Picture (From Us Weekly. 28 July 2014, 1:42 AM, PDT)