Titanic often provokes derision among serious critics. Could it be because its box office success was driven by teenage girls?
It's the 100th anniversary of the doomed voyage of the Titanic this month, and you'd have a job not noticing, what with the stamps and the exhibition and the ITV series. And, of course, the re-release of James Cameron's 1997 leviathan of a movie. Yay!
I do have a few reservations: I could do without the Celine Dion theme song, for one. Also, yes, if she'd stayed in the lifeboat that time, they probably would both have survived. And, Ok, this version of the movie is in retro-fitted 3D which, frankly, the movie doesn't need; the replica ship that Cameron built is impressive enough without the precisely recreated period furniture jumping out and poking you in the eye. But, nevertheless, I am delighted by the chance to revel in the »
- Mathilda Gregory
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- 10 Things We Learned From ‘Walking Dead’ Star Norman Reedus’ Reddit Ama (From The Wrap. 21 December 2014, 1:06 PM, PST)
- "Instagram Rapture" — Celebrities Embarrassed by Fake Followers (From GeekTyrant. 19 December 2014, 3:15 PM, PST)
- Beyonce, Ed Sheeran and Iggy Azalea: The Year in Music 2014 (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 December 2014, 11:46 AM, PST)
- George Clooney Takes Over ‘Downton Abbey’ in Charity Holiday Spoof (Video) (From The Wrap. 21 December 2014, 9:34 PM, PST)
- The Callow Way – In praise of The Black List (From Flickeringmyth. 21 December 2014, 6:01 AM, PST)
- Meet Santa's Squad of Celebrity Reindeer (From PEOPLE.com. 20 December 2014, 9:25 AM, PST)
- Britney Spears’ Christmas Throwback, Brad Pitt’s Birthday Wishes From Famous Ex: See The Week’s Best Celeb Twitpics Here! (From GossipCop. 21 December 2014, 3:46 PM, PST)
- Jamie Lynn Spears Posts Amazing Throwback Christmas Photo With Britney Spears (From Us Weekly. 20 December 2014, 9:48 AM, PST)
- Craig Ferguson: Latenight’s Uniquely Intimate Host Signs Off, For Now (From Variety - TV News. 19 December 2014, 10:40 AM, PST)