Titanic often provokes derision among serious critics. Could it be because its box office success was driven by teenage girls?
It's the 100th anniversary of the doomed voyage of the Titanic this month, and you'd have a job not noticing, what with the stamps and the exhibition and the ITV series. And, of course, the re-release of James Cameron's 1997 leviathan of a movie. Yay!
I do have a few reservations: I could do without the Celine Dion theme song, for one. Also, yes, if she'd stayed in the lifeboat that time, they probably would both have survived. And, Ok, this version of the movie is in retro-fitted 3D which, frankly, the movie doesn't need; the replica ship that Cameron built is impressive enough without the precisely recreated period furniture jumping out and poking you in the eye. But, nevertheless, I am delighted by the chance to revel in the »
- Mathilda Gregory
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- What Country Did Justin Bieber Piss Off Now? (From TheFabLife - Movies. 24 April 2014, 7:41 AM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber's Shrine Visit Angers Korea, Twice (From The Hollywood Reporter. 24 April 2014, 1:57 AM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber apologizes for visiting shrine honouring Japan's worst war criminals (From RealBollywood. 23 April 2014, 11:01 PM, PDT)
- Wolf of Wall Street: All the F-words in a video that is suitable for work (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 24 April 2014, 6:42 AM, PDT)
- Shakespeare Is Still Cool After 450 Years, and Here Are 10 Movies and TV Shows to Prove It (From E! Online. 23 April 2014, 12:08 PM, PDT)
- Jessica Chastain Will Play Marilyn Monroe (From Popsugar. 23 April 2014, 11:05 AM, PDT)
- When Reality Stars Met The Plastics: Remembering The Biggest Celebs Of 2004 (From TheFabLife - Movies. 24 April 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Turn Back Time: Celeb Couples We Wish Were Still Together (From E! Online. 22 April 2014, 10:03 AM, PDT)
- Britney Spears' Possible Wedding to Boyfriend David Lucado Hits Snag (From National Ledger. 20 April 2014, 7:31 PM, PDT)