Titanic often provokes derision among serious critics. Could it be because its box office success was driven by teenage girls?
It's the 100th anniversary of the doomed voyage of the Titanic this month, and you'd have a job not noticing, what with the stamps and the exhibition and the ITV series. And, of course, the re-release of James Cameron's 1997 leviathan of a movie. Yay!
I do have a few reservations: I could do without the Celine Dion theme song, for one. Also, yes, if she'd stayed in the lifeboat that time, they probably would both have survived. And, Ok, this version of the movie is in retro-fitted 3D which, frankly, the movie doesn't need; the replica ship that Cameron built is impressive enough without the precisely recreated period furniture jumping out and poking you in the eye. But, nevertheless, I am delighted by the chance to revel in the »
- Mathilda Gregory
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- Justin Bieber Strips Naked to Bare His Butt on a Boat! (From E! Online. 7 July 2015, 4:39 AM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber Shares Picture of His Naked Butt! Miley Cyrus Mocks Picture (From Us Weekly. 7 July 2015, 1:48 AM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber Posts Naked Butt Boat Photo On Instagram – See Nude Pic! (From GossipCop. 6 July 2015, 8:47 PM, PDT)
- News Nuggets: Dustin Hoffman declares movies are in the worst state ever (From Gold Derby. 6 July 2015, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Early 2016 Oscar Predictions: First Look at Best Actor (From Rope Of Silicon. 6 July 2015, 10:23 AM, PDT)
- Classic Hollywood 'Profiles' Online (From Thompson on Hollywood. 3 July 2015, 2:23 PM, PDT)
- Britney's Adorable Boys Always Bring Out the Best in Her (From Popsugar. 6 July 2015, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Britney Spears Recreates ‘Oops!… I Did It Again’ Cover With Sons Jayden James And Sean Preston (From Uinterview. 6 July 2015, 9:57 AM, PDT)
- Britney Spears Recreates 'Oops' Album Cover with Sons Jayden and Sean (From TooFab. 6 July 2015, 9:15 AM, PDT)