Titanic often provokes derision among serious critics. Could it be because its box office success was driven by teenage girls?
It's the 100th anniversary of the doomed voyage of the Titanic this month, and you'd have a job not noticing, what with the stamps and the exhibition and the ITV series. And, of course, the re-release of James Cameron's 1997 leviathan of a movie. Yay!
I do have a few reservations: I could do without the Celine Dion theme song, for one. Also, yes, if she'd stayed in the lifeboat that time, they probably would both have survived. And, Ok, this version of the movie is in retro-fitted 3D which, frankly, the movie doesn't need; the replica ship that Cameron built is impressive enough without the precisely recreated period furniture jumping out and poking you in the eye. But, nevertheless, I am delighted by the chance to revel in the »
- Mathilda Gregory
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- Bieber Arrested, Charged With Assault (From newser. 2 September 2014, 8:59 AM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber Arrested For Assault And Dangerous Driving After Atv Hits Minivan (From GossipCop. 2 September 2014, 8:56 AM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber -- Arrested for Atv Accident with Photogs (Update) (From TMZ. 2 September 2014, 8:20 AM, PDT)
- Martin Scorsese To Direct Casino Ad Starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert DeNiro & Brad Pitt (From The Playlist. 2 September 2014, 8:34 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Film-Philosophy, Seventh Art, Sight & Sound (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 2 September 2014, 5:13 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Film-Philosophy, Seventh Art, Sight & Sound (From Keyframe. 2 September 2014, 5:13 AM, PDT)
- The Everything Index: Nude Celebs and Russian Sex Geckos (From Rolling Stone. 2 September 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Britney Spears Puts Cheating Ex on Blast During Las Vegas Show (From Entertainment Tonight. 2 September 2014, 8:17 AM, PDT)
- Britney Spears -- Dropped Five Figures on Her Bitches (From TMZ. 2 September 2014, 4:30 AM, PDT)