Titanic often provokes derision among serious critics. Could it be because its box office success was driven by teenage girls?
It's the 100th anniversary of the doomed voyage of the Titanic this month, and you'd have a job not noticing, what with the stamps and the exhibition and the ITV series. And, of course, the re-release of James Cameron's 1997 leviathan of a movie. Yay!
I do have a few reservations: I could do without the Celine Dion theme song, for one. Also, yes, if she'd stayed in the lifeboat that time, they probably would both have survived. And, Ok, this version of the movie is in retro-fitted 3D which, frankly, the movie doesn't need; the replica ship that Cameron built is impressive enough without the precisely recreated period furniture jumping out and poking you in the eye. But, nevertheless, I am delighted by the chance to revel in the »
- Mathilda Gregory
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- Courtney Stodden and Justin Bieber's Bff Lil Twist Sign Up for Ross Mathews' Celeb Charm School—Watch the Clip! (From E! Online. 7 March 2014, 11:50 AM, PST)
- Justin Bieber's Mom Pattie Mallette Tweets "I Want More Kids!" (From Us Weekly. 7 March 2014, 6:10 AM, PST)
- The Complete Guide to Chantel Jeffries (From TheFabLife - Movies. 7 March 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Watch an Adorable 5-Year-Old Recite Matthew McConaughey's Speech from 'The Wolf of Wall Street' (From Movies.com. 7 March 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Leonardo DiCaprio To Receive Oscar …In Russia! (From The Hollywood News. 7 March 2014, 4:45 AM, PST)
- Leonardo DiCaprio Will Get His Oscar—From Russia! (From E! Online. 6 March 2014, 3:26 PM, PST)
- Miley Cyrus Said "No Thanks" to Katy Perry Kiss 5 Years Ago: Look Back at Their Frenemy Timeline (From E! Online. 7 March 2014, 11:53 AM, PST)
- Win: Now That’s What I Call Running 2014 (From Obsessed with Film. 6 March 2014, 6:17 AM, PST)
- Lea Michele: Releasing an Emotional Album Is "F*cking Scary" (From Popsugar. 4 March 2014, 1:21 AM, PST)