We've got an amazingly creative short video to share that will be especially interesting to all you Alfred Hitchcock fans out there. We bring you Jeff Desom's imagining of Rear Window in three minutes. Dig it!
Desom did some incredible computer work to bring the classic film into a brief three-minute retelling of the story. "I dissected all of Hitchcock’s Rear Window and stitched it back together in After Effects," Desom said. "I stabilized all the shots with camera movement in them. Since everything was filmed from pretty much the same angle, I was able to match them into a single panoramic view of the entire backyard without any greater distortions. The order of events stays true to the movie’s plot."
Check out the film in its entirety below, and for more of Desom's quirky genius visit his official website.
- Doctor Gash
Similar News ItemsAlfred Hitchcock (I)
- Denver Film Festival 2015: The Best, The Very Good, and ‘Youth’ (From SoundOnSight. 27 November 2015, 12:55 PM, PST)
- Krampus Movie Soundtrack By Composer Douglas Pipes Available Dec. 4 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 November 2015, 11:39 AM, PST)
- Daily | S&S 2015 Top 20, Polanski, Lean (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 27 November 2015, 7:40 AM, PST)
Rear Window (1954)
- Nerd Alert: Civil War Easter Eggs, Thankful Superheroes and More (From MovieWeb. 27 November 2015, 8:55 AM, PST)
- Daily Dead’s 2015 Holiday Gift Guide & Giveaways: Day One- Black Friday Deals & More! (From DailyDead. 26 November 2015, 5:50 PM, PST)
- ‘Room’: The Small Confines of the Set Could Loom Large With Oscar (From Scott Feinberg. 20 November 2015, 6:00 AM, PST)
- FRONTIÈRES International Co-Production Market Unveils 4th Edition (From SoundOnSight. 17 May 2014, 8:30 PM, PDT)
- Fantasia Announces 2014 Frontieres Film Market Projects (From Dread Central. 15 May 2014, 4:47 PM, PDT)
- Frontieres Co-Production Market At Fantasia Announces Its Third-Year Slate (From Twitch. 15 May 2014, 10:30 AM, PDT)