Reuters Jim Marshall, builder of amplifiers, poses with one of his products at the ‘Musikmesse’ in Frankfurt in March, 2002.
Jim Marshall, the inventor who changed the sound of rock music, has died at age 88, according to a statement issued by the company that bears his name.
A drummer by trade, in the early ‘60s Marshall invented what became known as the Marshall Jtm 45 guitar amplifier, seen by many guitarists as an improvement over the then-state-the-art Fender Bassman. In subsequent years, »
- Jim Fusilli
Similar News ItemsKurt Cobain
- Billboard Honours 25th Anniversary Of Nirvana’s ‘Nevermind’ With Early Pre-Fame Interview With Kurt Cobain (From ET Canada. 24 September 2016, 12:19 PM, PDT)
- Nirvana’s Official Facebook Page Responds To Bizarre Conspiracy Theory That Kurt Cobain Is Alive And Living In Peru (From ET Canada. 13 September 2016, 7:48 AM, PDT)
- From Miley and Nicki to Tay and Kanye: The Biggest VMAs Feuds of All Time (All Time!) (From PEOPLE.com. 26 August 2016, 12:05 PM, PDT)
Jimmy Page (I)
- TheGrill 2016: Watch Cameron Crowe Go Behind the Scenes of Iconic Rock Photos (From The Wrap. 26 September 2016, 9:07 PM, PDT)
- Newswire: The Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach is being sued over a Howlin’ Wolf documentary (From The AV Club. 23 August 2016, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- Sandy Pearlman R.I.P. (From CultureCatch. 27 July 2016, 9:11 PM, PDT)
- Catalyst Sets Chris Boyle to Write Rock-and-Roll Movie ‘The Hype’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 15 September 2016, 7:31 AM, PDT)
- Go Inside Beyoncé's Funky, Soul Train-Themed 35th Birthday Party (From Popsugar. 6 September 2016, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Top Ten Tuesday – Top Ten White People Doing The Right Thing (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 30 August 2016, 3:11 PM, PDT)