Reuters Jim Marshall, builder of amplifiers, poses with one of his products at the ‘Musikmesse’ in Frankfurt in March, 2002.
Jim Marshall, the inventor who changed the sound of rock music, has died at age 88, according to a statement issued by the company that bears his name.
A drummer by trade, in the early ‘60s Marshall invented what became known as the Marshall Jtm 45 guitar amplifier, seen by many guitarists as an improvement over the then-state-the-art Fender Bassman. In subsequent years, »
- Jim Fusilli
Similar News ItemsKurt Cobain
- Macaulay Culkin Steps Out with Jordan Lane Price (a Mila Kunis Look-Alike!) (From PEOPLE.com. 3 December 2013, 7:10 AM, PST)
- Beyond Fright – “I Was At Nirvana Unplugged…” (From Icons of Fright. 1 December 2013, 8:44 PM, PST)
- Marc Alan Fishman: Who. Who? Who! (From Comicmix. 30 November 2013, 5:00 AM, PST)
Jimmy Page (I)
- What to Watch: Nov. 3-9, 2013 (From HollywoodChicago.com. 5 November 2013, 2:42 PM, PST)
- Jimi Hendrix on PBS 'American Masters': Taking a rock legend seriously (From EW.com - Inside TV. 5 November 2013, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Led Zeppelin rings in Thanksgiving on Axs TV, details (From Monsters and Critics. 21 October 2013, 1:17 PM, PDT)
- 'Motorhead' star Lemmy says Jimi Hendrix made very bad jokes (From RealBollywood. 27 November 2013, 1:52 AM, PST)
- One Direction channel 1Dtv launches for 'Midnight Memories' on Zuus (From Pop2it. 22 November 2013, 11:14 AM, PST)
- Imogen Poots Snags Lead Role In Todd Field’s Beautiful Ruins (From We Got This Covered. 15 November 2013, 2:09 PM, PST)