Reuters Jim Marshall, builder of amplifiers, poses with one of his products at the ‘Musikmesse’ in Frankfurt in March, 2002.
Jim Marshall, the inventor who changed the sound of rock music, has died at age 88, according to a statement issued by the company that bears his name.
A drummer by trade, in the early ‘60s Marshall invented what became known as the Marshall Jtm 45 guitar amplifier, seen by many guitarists as an improvement over the then-state-the-art Fender Bassman. In subsequent years, »
- Jim Fusilli
Similar News ItemsKurt Cobain
- Kurt Cobain's belongings for sale (From RealBollywood. 4 March 2014, 3:13 PM, PST)
- Kurt Cobain's belongings being put up for sale by ex-housemate (From RealBollywood. 4 March 2014, 3:36 AM, PST)
- Jared Leto Gives Lupita the Ultimate Compliment & More from Oscars Weekend (From PEOPLE.com. 2 March 2014, 5:00 PM, PST)
Jimmy Page (I)
- “American Idol” Recap: Oh Boy? (From The Backlot. 20 February 2014, 7:21 AM, PST)
- Led Zeppelin's 'Celebration Day' bags best rock album Grammy (From RealBollywood. 26 January 2014, 7:51 PM, PST)
- Who will win Best Rock Album at Grammys? (From Gold Derby. 23 January 2014, 2:48 AM, PST)
- Jimi Hendrix Honored With U.S. Postal Stamp (From The Wrap. 14 March 2014, 10:10 AM, PDT)
- 'Jimi: All Is By My Side': John Ridley Talks About His Hendrix Biopic (From Rolling Stone. 13 March 2014, 5:05 AM, PDT)
- SXSW: A Jimi Hendrix movie without Jimi Hendrix music? (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 12 March 2014, 2:14 PM, PDT)