Reuters Jim Marshall, builder of amplifiers, poses with one of his products at the ‘Musikmesse’ in Frankfurt in March, 2002.
Jim Marshall, the inventor who changed the sound of rock music, has died at age 88, according to a statement issued by the company that bears his name.
A drummer by trade, in the early ‘60s Marshall invented what became known as the Marshall Jtm 45 guitar amplifier, seen by many guitarists as an improvement over the then-state-the-art Fender Bassman. In subsequent years, »
- Jim Fusilli
Similar News ItemsKurt Cobain
- Frances Bean Cobain Remembers Dad Kurt Cobain on What Would Be His 50th Birthday: 'You Are Missed' (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 February 2017, 2:22 PM, PST)
- Frances Bean Cobain Posts a Letter to Dad Kurt on His 50th Birthday (From Popsugar. 20 February 2017, 2:18 PM, PST)
- Frances Bean Cobain Pens Touching Message to Kurt Cobain on What Would Have Been His 50th Birthday (From E! Online. 20 February 2017, 1:58 PM, PST)
Jimmy Page (I)
- How Parents-to-Be George and Amal Clooney Are Nesting in England Ahead of Twins’ Arrival (From PEOPLE.com. 10 February 2017, 1:08 PM, PST)
- Wonder Woman trailer supercut is better with Led Zeppelin (From Flickeringmyth. 5 November 2016, 4:03 AM, PDT)
- TheGrill 2016: Watch Cameron Crowe Go Behind the Scenes of Iconic Rock Photos (From The Wrap. 26 September 2016, 9:07 PM, PDT)
- Berlin Film Review: ‘The Other Side of Hope’ (From Variety - Film News. 14 February 2017, 7:30 AM, PST)
- 16 Songs from the Past Century of Protest Music (From PEOPLE.com. 10 February 2017, 3:20 PM, PST)
- Berlinale Facetime: Etienne Comar (From Variety - Film News. 8 February 2017, 10:00 PM, PST)