While the future of home entertainment may be rapidly moving towards a digital streaming-led future, we can't be the only movie nerds who still love owning a physical copy of something. Sure, BluRay and DVD might be scratchable, easily lost and adorned by terrible box art, but there's something about the feeling of finding an undiscovered gem in the depths of a store, or getting a rarity in the post, that doesn't quite compare to clicking and watching something on Netflix.
As such, starting with this column, every month we're going to pick out five BluRays or DVDs new to the market that no self-respecting cinephile's shelves could do without. Some are shiny new versions of stone-cold classics, some are obscurities, some might even be brand new releases (although less often: those are covered pretty well elsewhere). Read on for more.
Why You Should Care: Simply put, it's one »
- Drew Taylor
Similar News ItemsMartin Scorsese (I)
- Watch the world-exclusive trailer for the restored Powell and Pressburger classic Tales of Hoffmann - video (From The Guardian - Film News. 26 January 2015, 3:38 AM, PST)
- Sundance Film Review: ‘Me and Earl and the Dying Girl’ (From Variety - Film News. 25 January 2015, 5:26 PM, PST)
- ‘Hobbit’ Storms China, Crosses $600M Overseas: International Box Office Update (From Deadline New York. 25 January 2015, 4:45 PM, PST)
- Don’t Blame Johnny Depp for ‘Mortdecai’ Misfire – Star Power Just Can’t Match Superheroes (From The Wrap. 26 January 2015, 5:00 AM, PST)
- Jason Segel’s Big Dramatic Debut Is One Of Many Great Things In ‘The End of the Tour’ [Sundance 2015] (From Slash Film. 25 January 2015, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Here's a Photo of Tom Hanks Taking Up Two Subway Seats (From Vulture. 25 January 2015, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Producers Guild Redeems "The Lego Movie," "Life Itself" (From Manny the Movie Guy. 26 January 2015, 7:22 AM, PST)
- What I Watched, What You Watched #281 (From Rope Of Silicon. 25 January 2015, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Birdman, The Lego Movie and Breaking Bad among the winners at the 2015 PGA Awards (From Flickeringmyth. 25 January 2015, 2:31 AM, PST)