Nashville, Tenn. -- The New Jersey teen who is fighting cancer and scored a date with Taylor Swift to The Academy of Country Music Awards is in the hospital and won't make the show.
A Facebook post Saturday says 18-year-old Kevin McGuire was admitted to the hospital Friday night and can't keep his date with Swift. It was not clear why McGuire was hospitalized.
USA Today reports that McGuire was taken to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia with a 103-degree fever.
"Just talked to Kevin McGuire," Swift said in a tweet. "He's not well enough to join me at the ACMs. Please keep him in your thoughts. I'll make it up to you, Kevin!"
Swift asked the Somerdale, N.J., resident to Sunday's ACMs after his sister started a campaign to get her to attend his prom. The reigning Acm entertainer of the year couldn't make the prom, but offered to go on the date instead. »
- AP/The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsTaylor Swift
- Taylor Swift Mocks Ex Boyfriend Harry Styles' Relationship, Others in Spoof Video (From National Ledger. 16 March 2014, 10:12 AM, PDT)
- Celebrity Best Friends No More - Taylor Swift Dumps Selena Gomez over Boyfriend Justin Bieber (From National Ledger. 15 March 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Taylor Swift Pokes Fun at Dating History in Acm Awards Video (From PEOPLE.com. 15 March 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
Kevin McGuire (VII)
- Taylor Swift and cancer survivor Kevin McGuire get Acm Awards date a year later (From Pop2it. 8 April 2013, 5:02 PM, PDT)
- Taylor Swift Goes on Date With Cancer Survivor Kevin McGuire—See the Pic! (From E! Online. 8 April 2013, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Blake Shelton Teases Taylor Swift About Her Surprised Face (From Huffington Post. 2 April 2012, 12:35 PM, PDT)