28 Days Later..., 2002.
Directed by Danny Boyle.
A virus sweeps across Britain, turning the population into raging creatures. Four weeks later, a man in a coma awakes to find the country in a dire state.
Before discussing 28 Days Later... (2002) it's worth addressing an issue that has caused considerable debate - is this a zombie film? Technically, the answer would be no - these are humans who have been infected by a virus. They crucially aren't reanimated dead such as the now familiar zombies found in George A. Romero's Night of the Living Dead (1968) and subsequent sequels, and they're also not the voodoo-esque zombies from earlier cinematic offerings such as White Zombie (1932). The creatures in 28 Days Later... are simply diseased humans; however, they do exhibit zombie-like behaviour. Although these aren't technically zombies, the film does share some »
Similar News ItemsDanny Boyle
- Choose life, choose Leith: alternative Edinburgh celebrates Trainspotting 2 (From The Guardian - Film News. 22 May 2016, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- The Week in Trailers – Ghostbusters, Star Trek Beyond, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, The Purge: Election Year, Trainspotting 2 and more (From Flickeringmyth. 21 May 2016, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- From the Black Panther cast to the new Ghostbusters trailer, what movie news are you most excited for this week? (From Cineplex. 20 May 2016, 11:02 AM, PDT)
- Michael Myers, Pinhead, and The Tall Man Featured on New Maniac Motors Shirts from Fright Rags (From DailyDead. 25 May 2016, 8:21 AM, PDT)
- John Carpenter's 'Halloween' return: 9 things you need to know (From Hitfix. 24 May 2016, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- John Carpenter to Return to Halloween (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 24 May 2016, 5:41 PM, PDT)
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Review: Cillian Murphy & Gang Raise Stakes In Strong Return (From Deadline TV. 24 May 2016, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan’s ‘Dunkirk': First Look at WWII Epic (Photos) (From The Wrap. 24 May 2016, 11:49 AM, PDT)
- Beauty vs Beast: Cillian Time (From FilmExperience. 23 May 2016, 12:00 PM, PDT)