Lawrence's conditioning coach talks about the demanding training schedule that whipped the actress into survival-of-the-fittest shape.
By Kara Warner
In case you're not already aware, Jennifer Lawrence put in a lot of extra work in her preparation to play Katniss Everdeen in "The Hunger Games." Lawrence told us herself about all the time she spent training, but she made it seem like it was no big deal.
Don't let her fool you, though; she worked her butt off in preparation. MTV News recently caught up with strength and conditioning coach Joe Horrigan, who worked specifically with Lawrence on the film and gave us the inside scoop on what the hardworking actress did to get all Katniss-like.
"I've worked on a number of films before to help actors lose weight or prepare for a particular role or even gain weight, so I was »
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Ellen's Oscars selfie most retweeted ever – and more of us are taking them (From The Guardian - Film News. 7 March 2014, 5:36 PM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence's Oscar Date Talks About Her Star-Studded Night (From PEOPLE.com. 7 March 2014, 3:15 PM, PST)
- Last Lap: Is Jared Leto Hating On Jennifer Lawrence? (From TheFabLife - Movies. 7 March 2014, 3:00 PM, PST)
The Hunger Games (2012)
- 'Hunger Games' Producers to Adapt Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' (From The Hollywood Reporter. 7 March 2014, 3:03 PM, PST)
- Hulk & Hawkeye become intergalactic gladiators in new Marvel's Avengers Assemble clip (From Flickeringmyth. 7 March 2014, 2:42 PM, PST)
- ‘The Hunger Games’ Producer Lands Donna Tartt’s Bestseller ‘The Goldfinch’ (From Variety - Film News. 7 March 2014, 2:37 PM, PST)
Gary Ross (I)
- Go Behind-the-Scenes of the Training Compound in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Exclusive Blu-ray Bonus Features Clip (From Collider.com. 7 March 2014, 9:43 AM, PST)
- Gamesmanship: The Making of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (From Flickeringmyth. 5 March 2014, 1:24 PM, PST)
- Looking back at big screen Roald Dahl adaptations (From Den of Geek. 1 March 2014, 12:56 AM, PST)