Lawrence's conditioning coach talks about the demanding training schedule that whipped the actress into survival-of-the-fittest shape.
By Kara Warner
In case you're not already aware, Jennifer Lawrence put in a lot of extra work in her preparation to play Katniss Everdeen in "The Hunger Games." Lawrence told us herself about all the time she spent training, but she made it seem like it was no big deal.
Don't let her fool you, though; she worked her butt off in preparation. MTV News recently caught up with strength and conditioning coach Joe Horrigan, who worked specifically with Lawrence on the film and gave us the inside scoop on what the hardworking actress did to get all Katniss-like.
"I've worked on a number of films before to help actors lose weight or prepare for a particular role or even gain weight, so I was »
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Paramount Teases Martin Scorsese’s ‘Silence,’ ‘Ghost in the Shell’ (From Variety - Film News. 27 October 2016, 7:06 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Kim Kardashian Concierge Breaks Down Paris Robbery: 9 Things We Learned (From Entertainment Tonight. 27 October 2016, 4:51 PM, PDT)
- Newswire: Hacker sentenced to 18 months in jail for Hollywood nude photo theft (From The AV Club. 27 October 2016, 4:23 PM, PDT)
The Hunger Games (2012)
- 'The Hunger Games' Vr experience is veering too close to 'Black Mirror' territory (From Hitfix. 27 October 2016, 3:46 PM, PDT)
- 27 Hunger Games Gifts Even the Mockingjay Would Fight For (From BuzzSugar. 26 October 2016, 11:15 AM, PDT)
- Why Jennifer Lawrence Seems Less ‘Stressed Out’ with New Man Darren Aronofsky (From PEOPLE.com. 25 October 2016, 11:48 AM, PDT)
Gary Ross (I)
- First set photos from the all-female Ocean’s 11 reboot (From Flickeringmyth. 26 October 2016, 1:17 AM, PDT)
- Sandra Bullock And Cate Blanchett Hit Up The Big Apple In First Ocean’s Eight Set Photos (From We Got This Covered. 25 October 2016, 1:53 PM, PDT)
- Ocean's Eight First Look at Sandra Bullock and Cate Blanchett (From MovieWeb. 25 October 2016, 1:32 PM, PDT)