Lawrence's conditioning coach talks about the demanding training schedule that whipped the actress into survival-of-the-fittest shape.
By Kara Warner
In case you're not already aware, Jennifer Lawrence put in a lot of extra work in her preparation to play Katniss Everdeen in "The Hunger Games." Lawrence told us herself about all the time she spent training, but she made it seem like it was no big deal.
Don't let her fool you, though; she worked her butt off in preparation. MTV News recently caught up with strength and conditioning coach Joe Horrigan, who worked specifically with Lawrence on the film and gave us the inside scoop on what the hardworking actress did to get all Katniss-like.
"I've worked on a number of films before to help actors lose weight or prepare for a particular role or even gain weight, so I was »
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Kristen Stewart continues her own path with new Kelly Reichardt film (From Hitfix. 28 February 2015, 1:05 PM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence denies David O Russell feud: "I adore this man" (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 February 2015, 10:33 AM, PST)
- 10 Stories You Might Have Missed: Jennifer Lawrence, David O. Russell clear air (From Hitfix. 27 February 2015, 9:19 PM, PST)
The Hunger Games (2012)
- Box Office: ‘Focus’ Tops Weak Crop of Competitors With $19.1 Million (From Variety - Film News. 1 March 2015, 7:46 AM, PST)
- Low-Budget 'Lazarus' D.O.A. at Domestic Box Office (From Alt Film Guide. 1 March 2015, 4:10 AM, PST)
- Josh Hutcherson wants to play Spider-Man: "That'd be really cool" (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 February 2015, 12:35 PM, PST)
Gary Ross (I)
- Stx Entertainment Dates Films With Matthew McConaughey, Julia Roberts, Jason Blum (From Variety - Film News. 25 February 2015, 10:47 AM, PST)
- Keri Russell, Mahershala Ali Join Matthew McConaughey’s ‘Free State of Jones’ (From Variety - Film News. 12 February 2015, 6:43 PM, PST)
- Casting: Russell, Bates, Dafoe, Matteo (From Dark Horizons. 12 February 2015, 6:21 PM, PST)