Lawrence's conditioning coach talks about the demanding training schedule that whipped the actress into survival-of-the-fittest shape.
By Kara Warner
In case you're not already aware, Jennifer Lawrence put in a lot of extra work in her preparation to play Katniss Everdeen in "The Hunger Games." Lawrence told us herself about all the time she spent training, but she made it seem like it was no big deal.
Don't let her fool you, though; she worked her butt off in preparation. MTV News recently caught up with strength and conditioning coach Joe Horrigan, who worked specifically with Lawrence on the film and gave us the inside scoop on what the hardworking actress did to get all Katniss-like.
"I've worked on a number of films before to help actors lose weight or prepare for a particular role or even gain weight, so I was »
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Just Say No to the Mani Cam (Like Jennifer Aniston and Julianne Moore Did!) (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 January 2015, 11:48 AM, PST)
- Sophie Turner talks playing Jean Grey in X-Men: Apocalypse and “emulating” Famke Janssen (From Flickeringmyth. 26 January 2015, 9:07 AM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence Chats With Adele at Restaurant, and Harry Styles Was There Too: Details! (From Us Weekly. 26 January 2015, 8:03 AM, PST)
The Hunger Games (2012)
- Why Jennifer Lawrence Was Terrified Of Starring In The Hunger Games (From Cinema Blend. 26 January 2015, 12:48 PM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence Shows Serious Skin at PGAs, Calls "Hunger Games" a "Huge F**king Failure" (From TooFab. 26 January 2015, 11:30 AM, PST)
- Don’t Blame Johnny Depp for ‘Mortdecai’ Misfire – Star Power Just Can’t Match Superheroes (From The Wrap. 26 January 2015, 5:00 AM, PST)
Gary Ross (I)
- 'Mockingjay' Beats 'Guardians' as Biggest Movie of 2014 (From MovieWeb. 22 January 2015, 11:59 AM, PST)
- Stx Partners with Showtime for Upcoming Movie Slate (From MovieWeb. 20 January 2015, 11:57 AM, PST)
- Stx secures Showtime window (From ScreenDaily. 20 January 2015, 10:30 AM, PST)