Words alone cannot begin to describe how happy we are about the following bit of news. Around here we've been raving about a little indie movie called Absentia, which is pretty damned spooky. Now, once again... the little guy makes good!
According to Variety, Fallback Plan Productions is ramping up Scare Dares, a sub-$1 million indie chiller with an inventive mobile app tie-in that aims to start shooting later this year.
Scare Dares reteams Mike Flanagan, writer/director of micro-budget horror pic Absentia, with the same producers and much of the same cast, including Courtney Bell, Katie Parker, Justin Gordon and Morgan Peter Brown.
Scare Dares, described as an "adrenalized homage to classic horror films," centers on a smartphone app that leads users to known areas of paranormal phenomena in central California. Things go wrong when a group of estranged friends kick off a reunion weekend by visiting ghostly hotspots and engaging in occult dares. »
- Uncle Creepy
Similar News ItemsMorgan Peter Brown
- CineMayhem 2014 Short Film Line-Up & Screening Dates (From DailyDead. 12 March 2014, 8:29 AM, PDT)
- 2nd Annual CineMayhem Film Festival Moves To Jumpcut Cafe! (From Icons of Fright. 5 March 2014, 11:23 AM, PST)
- John Carpenter Kicks Off CineMayhem 2014 with a Q&A and Screening of The Fog (From DailyDead. 21 February 2014, 9:51 AM, PST)
Justin Gordon (II)
- Kate Bosworth Faces Her Fears in First Official Still from Somnia (From Horror Asylum. 16 December 2013)
- Annabeth Gish Heads Over The Bridge to Horror Thriller Somnia (From Horror Asylum. 20 November 2013)
- Kate Bosworth and Thomas Jane Make Dreams a Reality in Somnia (From Horror Asylum. 11 November 2013)
Mike Flanagan (I)
- International Oculus Poster Stares into the Face of Evil (From Dread Central. 11 March 2014, 4:15 PM, PDT)
- Producer Jason Blum Talks ‘Oculus’, Making Horror Hits and Upcoming Releases (From Screen Rant. 11 March 2014, 8:20 AM, PDT)
- SXSW 2014: Karen Gillan is the Girl Who Didn’t Wait Long For Hollywood To Call (From FilmSchoolRejects. 10 March 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)