Words alone cannot begin to describe how happy we are about the following bit of news. Around here we've been raving about a little indie movie called Absentia, which is pretty damned spooky. Now, once again... the little guy makes good!
According to Variety, Fallback Plan Productions is ramping up Scare Dares, a sub-$1 million indie chiller with an inventive mobile app tie-in that aims to start shooting later this year.
Scare Dares reteams Mike Flanagan, writer/director of micro-budget horror pic Absentia, with the same producers and much of the same cast, including Courtney Bell, Katie Parker, Justin Gordon and Morgan Peter Brown.
Scare Dares, described as an "adrenalized homage to classic horror films," centers on a smartphone app that leads users to known areas of paranormal phenomena in central California. Things go wrong when a group of estranged friends kick off a reunion weekend by visiting ghostly hotspots and engaging in occult dares. »
- Uncle Creepy
Similar News ItemsMorgan Peter Brown
- Film4 FrightFest announces its short film line-up (From Flickeringmyth. 11 July 2014, 7:25 AM, PDT)
- Film4 FrightFest announces Short Film line-up (From Blogomatic3000. 11 July 2014, 6:11 AM, PDT)
- Enter the Fetish Factory with this Exclusive New Teaser Trailer (From Horror Asylum. 4 June 2014)
Justin Gordon (II)
- ‘Absentia’ Blu-ray Review (From Blogomatic3000. 30 June 2014, 5:01 AM, PDT)
- Mike Flanagan's Absentia Heading to UK Blu-ray in July (From Dread Central. 28 April 2014, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- Kate Bosworth Faces Her Fears in First Official Still from Somnia (From Horror Asylum. 16 December 2013)
Mike Flanagan (I)
- Shock Interview: Director Mike Flanagan Reflects On Oculus, Stephen King & the Gerald’s Game Movie (From shocktillyoudrop. 7 August 2014, 11:07 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Director Mike Flanagan Talks Oculus Casting, Sequel Chances, Adapting Stephen King’s Gerald’s Game (From DailyDead. 7 August 2014, 8:28 AM, PDT)
- August 5th Blu-ray & DVD Releases Include Oculus, Phantom of the Paradise (From DailyDead. 4 August 2014, 5:16 PM, PDT)