The X Files star has revealed she was approached by TV bosses to play American aristocrat Lady Cora Crawley in the Emmy-winning TV series, which has become a hit on both sides of the Atlantic.
However, the part eventually went to Elizabeth McGovern.
Anderson tells TV Guide Magazine, "I was actually offered a part in Downton."
Similar News Items"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Makes Even Less Sense if You’ve Never Seen a ‘Transformers’ Movie Before (From Indiewire. 23 June 2017, 2:25 PM, PDT)
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Movie Gets the Greenlight + More Projects Announced (From Backstage. 23 June 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- What We’ll Be Looking for in the Upcoming Downton Abbey Movie (From TVovermind.com. 23 June 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
"The X-Files" (1993)
- Transformers: A reminder that Megan Fox auditioned for the movie by washing Michael Bay’s car while he filmed it (From Flickeringmyth. 23 June 2017, 9:20 AM, PDT)
- Gillian Anderson Getting Hollywood Walk of Fame Star in 2018 (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 22 June 2017, 8:52 PM, PDT)
- David Duchovny and Téa Leoni Prove They're Still Friendly After High-Profile Split (From E! Online. 22 June 2017, 7:41 PM, PDT)
Gillian Anderson (I)
- Power Season 4: Ghost Behind Bars, Kanan on the Attack and More Scoop (From TVLine.com. 24 June 2017, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- Performer of the Week: Gillian Anderson (From TVLine.com. 24 June 2017, 7:33 AM, PDT)
- The Originals Boss Explains Finale's Happy (?) Endings, Praises [Spoiler]'s Cameo and Shares Hopes for Season 5 (From TVLine.com. 23 June 2017, 6:00 PM, PDT)