Fellini, Lynch and Bergman have all made adverts, so why shouldn't Anderson? Maybe because he's ended up making The Royal Tenenbaums with none of the plot or pathos
You don't need to see the credits for the newish Hyundai Azera ads to know they were made by Wes Anderson. The first shouts Tenenbaum, the second drips Zissou. The question that has sent the New Yorker, Slate and others into twitters over the last few days is whether these ads make Anderson a "sellout".
Anderson's style is actually a great fit for advertising. It's tough to get viewers to pay attention to a TV ad, especially after they've seen it (and hated it) once. But Anderson packs in so much detail, one YouTube commenter said he'd been sitting in front of the first frame for 30 minutes, soaking up the visual jokes. Now that's sticky advertising.
But is it a sellout? The wise have stroked their beards, »
- Chris Michael
Similar News ItemsRidley Scott
- Ridley Scott’s ‘All the Money in the World’ Sold to Lucky Red for Italy (From Variety - Film News. 26 June 2017, 8:07 AM, PDT)
- Watch Now: New trailer for Albert Pyun’s ‘Interstellar Civil War’ (From Blogomatic3000. 26 June 2017, 5:31 AM, PDT)
- Transformers: The Last Knight box office struggles, Blade Runner 3, Spider-Man: Homecoming a hit and more – Weekend News Roundup (From Flickeringmyth. 26 June 2017, 12:21 AM, PDT)
- Tommy Lee Jones in final talks to star opposite Brad Pitt in James Grey’s Ad Astra (From HeyUGuys. 26 June 2017, 4:24 AM, PDT)
- Brad Pitt and Tommy Lee Jones Team for Sci-Fi Drama Ad Astra (From MovieWeb. 24 June 2017, 9:48 AM, PDT)
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Brad Pitt In James Gray’s ‘Ad Astra’ (From The Playlist. 23 June 2017, 1:37 PM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lawrence Brings Along a Furry Friend for Malibu Date Night with Darren Aronofsky (From PEOPLE.com. 25 June 2017, 9:37 AM, PDT)
- Oscars at the Halfway Mark: ‘Logan,’ ‘Get Out’ and Women Directors (From Variety - Film News. 22 June 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Blade Runner 2049’: Dazzling New Footage Proves This is the Year’s Best Looking Blockbuster — Watch (From Indiewire. 21 June 2017, 7:18 AM, PDT)