An American filmmaker said last month that the 63-year-old actor would star in a film about last May's sex scandal in New York that derailed Strauss-Kahn's political career.
In an interview with Swiss Television Rts on Wednesday, Depardieu, whose voice slurs several times, accused the former Imf head of being "unpleasant" and "arrogant."
Asked if he would play Strauss-Kahn, Depardieu says: "Yes, because I don't like him."
Depardieu has appeared in more than 150 films, including 1990's Oscar-nominated "Cyrano de Bergerac." »
Similar News ItemsGérard Depardieu
- Nsfw Footage From "Welcome To New York" (From SneakPeek. 15 July 2014, 5:04 PM, PDT)
- Gerard Depardieu to Produce 'Bio Vodka' in Russia (From The Hollywood Reporter. 15 July 2014, 2:59 AM, PDT)
- Katherine Heigl Wants to Do a 27 Dresses Sequel (From Vulture. 14 July 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Welcome to New York’ International Trailer: Gerard Depardiu Parties His Way Into Trouble (From Slash Film. 11 July 2014, 2:18 PM, PDT)
- Gerard Depardieu is Wild in Nsfw 'Welcome to New York' UK Trailer (From FirstShowing.net. 11 July 2014, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Gérard Depardieu goes for sex, sleaze in Welcome to New York trailer (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 11 July 2014, 6:47 AM, PDT)