John Milius’ films have long been about rugged men surviving against the odds, usually with a gun in their hands, and full of fabulous, terse dialogue. Remember Quint’s monologue about the sinking of the USS Indianapolis in Jaws? That was his, in part. “I love the smell of napalm in the morning” from Apocalypse Now? Milius wrote that line in an early draft. “Do I feel lucky” from Dirty Harry? Milius’ uncredited words.
Milius followed up his directorial debut Conan The Barbarian with Red Dawn, probably the jewel in his career so far; it’s full of fabulously ripe dialogue, hundreds of guns and many more deaths. It’s simultaneously very funny and extraordinary bleak.
In an alternate version of the 1980s, a politically isolated United States stands alone against communism. Along »
Similar News ItemsCharlie Sheen
- Charlie Sheen Tries To Make Up With Rihanna After Reviving Feud (From ET Canada. 17 January 2017, 12:43 PM, PST)
- Charlie Sheen Apologizes to Rihanna After Calling Her ‘That B—-‘ (From The Wrap. 17 January 2017, 12:25 PM, PST)
- Find Out Which Female Costars Charlie Sheen Would ‘Kick to the Curb’ – and Why’s He Slamming Rihanna (From PEOPLE.com. 12 January 2017, 12:18 PM, PST)
"Family Guy" (1999)
- The Sinner: USA Picks Up Anthology Series Starring Jessica Biel (From TVfanatic. 17 January 2017, 1:25 PM, PST)
- Fox 2016-17 Season Ratings (updated 1/17/17) (From TVSeriesFinale. 17 January 2017, 12:27 PM, PST)
- Family Guy: Is the Fox TV Show Cancelled or Renewed for Season 15? (From TVSeriesFinale. 16 January 2017, 12:53 PM, PST)
"South Park" (1997)
- Cancelled or Renewed? Status of Cable & Streaming TV Shows (S-z) (From TVSeriesFinale. 15 January 2017, 9:18 AM, PST)
- Jimmy Iovine Talks HBO Dr. Dre Documentary, Apple Music and Getting Fired by Foghat (From Variety - TV News. 14 January 2017, 12:34 PM, PST)
- Jimmy Iovine Addresses Apple Music Expansion Reports (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 14 January 2017, 10:58 AM, PST)