Recently, even in 'classy' TV dramas, dull but vital background is often relayed in a love scene or in a strip club. Is this titillation a harmless thrill or a way to cover bad writing?
As I write this, a pneumatic young couple are writhing in the shagpile behind me. It's all grunts and groans and bodily fluids. By the time I've explained what I'm actually writing about, it will have turned into a full-blown orgy. But you'll be gripped. You'll stay for the explication, because you'll be transfixed by those golden bodies, entangled and unconstrained. That, in a nutshell, is "sexposition": the art of outlining all that tedious plot against a background of no-holds-barred sex. You might have seen a bit of it in Homeland, or maybe True Blood, both currently showing on British TV.
"Sexposition" was coined by the Us blogger and critic Myles McNutt to describe »
- Michael Hann
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens rated PG-13 for “sci-fi action violence” (From Flickeringmyth. 24 November 2015, 4:49 PM, PST)
- Natalie Dormer on The Hunger Games, Game of Thrones, and the Fate of Men Named ‘Snow’ (From Vulture. 24 November 2015, 2:57 PM, PST)
- HBO TV Show Ratings (updated 11/24/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 24 November 2015, 1:18 PM, PST)
- Jon Snow Returns in 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Poster (From MovieWeb. 23 November 2015, 9:10 AM, PST)
- Game of Thrones season six: all the spoilers we know so far (From The Guardian - TV News. 28 October 2015, 2:29 AM, PDT)
- For Carlton Cuse, Collaboration Is the Key to Creativity (From Variety - TV News. 27 October 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
Mary Whitehouse (I)
- Yvette Fielding: 'Reality TV encourages promiscuity and binge drinking' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 20 October 2015, 2:36 AM, PDT)
- 20 Most Insanely Depraved Movie Moments From The Video Nasty Era (From Obsessed with Film. 29 September 2015, 6:52 AM, PDT)
- Hot Tub Time Machine 2 review: Stick to your DeLoreans and phone boxes (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 8 April 2015, 5:40 AM, PDT)