You might not have noticed, but Eddie Murphy has a new movie in theaters today. That's a slightly loaded sentence: "A Thousand Words" was shot four years ago, has been barely screened for critics (those who have seen it have been vicious), and is being put into a mere 1900 theaters, nearly half as much as the week's biggest opening, "John Carter." And all this for a man who was once the brightest star on the planet.
But thanks to a string of bad movies (including bona-fide disasters such as "The Adventures of Pluto Nash," "Imagine That" and "Meet Dave"), Murphy is no longer a safe bet, and the kind of family fare that has been his bread and butter, and that turned off many of his fans, is now given token releases such as this.
But it hasn't always been this way. Once upon a time, Murphy was a comic hurricane, »
- Oliver Lyttelton
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- NBC Picks The Wiz over Music Man as Next Live Musical, Sets December Airdate and Cirque du Soleil Twist (From TVLine.com. 30 March 2015, 12:45 PM, PDT)
- First Look: Chicago Med Team Races Into Action — and Flirts With Fire? (From TVLine.com. 30 March 2015, 12:45 PM, PDT)
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Finale Seen By 15.8 Million Viewers (From DailyDead. 30 March 2015, 12:19 PM, PDT)
- In Defense of Spring Breakers, American Sniper, and a dash of Inherent Vice (From Cinelinx. 30 March 2015, 10:49 AM, PDT)
- Suicide Squad Adds Scott Eastwood And Raymond Olubowale To Cast (From We Got This Covered. 30 March 2015, 10:16 AM, PDT)
- Two More Join "Suicide Squad" Cast (From Dark Horizons. 30 March 2015, 6:44 AM, PDT)
Eddie Murphy (I)
- Eddie Murphy's Gf -- Hottest Babysitter Ever (From TMZ. 27 March 2015, 2:04 PM, PDT)
- Get Hard – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 26 March 2015, 9:30 PM, PDT)
- ‘Get Hard’ stays surprisingly flaccid (From SoundOnSight. 26 March 2015, 4:02 PM, PDT)