Happy Friday, little darlings! It's been a long week, so let's all take a trust fall back into the marshmallowy softness of Ae Movie Club.
This week I'm starting things off with a Reviewlet of the new real-time indie horror flick Silent House, which then kickstarts a discussion of other "parlor trick" movies that successfully used sleight-of-hand to create a unique and engaging filmgoing experience.
It Came From Instant Queue looks under the fur of one of our most beloved playtime pals, our Movie Confessional asks which movies have gotten you out of your seat and out the door before the credits rolled, and of course we've got the usual heapin' helpins of Vintage Beefcake, new posters and trailers, and more movie talk that you can stuff in Jiminy Glick's underpants.
5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...Start!
Elizabeth "Don't Call Me Mary Kate and/or Ashley" Olsen
Reviewlet: Silent House
This week a horror »
Similar News ItemsJoss Whedon
- Snyder Meets Marvel in 'Watchmen' vs. 'Avengers' Trailer Mashup (From Rope Of Silicon. 27 January 2015, 11:05 AM, PST)
- Avengers: Age Of Ultron Pre-Credits Battle Scene Tease (From GeekTyrant. 27 January 2015, 6:04 AM, PST)
- Joss Whedon Hints He Won't Direct Avengers: Infinity War (From Worst Previews. 27 January 2015, 3:41 AM, PST)
- Lost in the Awards Rush: Nine (From Slackerwood. 27 January 2015, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Analyzing 87 years of Oscar, by the numbers (From EW.com - PopWatch. 27 January 2015, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Oscar Acting Races: 5 Box Office Musings (From FilmExperience. 26 January 2015, 8:42 PM, PST)
Sean Penn (I)
- Sean Penn Set to Receive Honorary Cesar Award in France (From Variety - Film News. 26 January 2015, 11:28 AM, PST)
- SAG Awards (Film): 10 fascinating facts, records and stats (From Gold Derby. 26 January 2015, 8:44 AM, PST)
- Sofia Vergara on Her Wedding Plans: "It's Going to Be Big!" (From Popsugar. 26 January 2015, 7:42 AM, PST)