Happy Friday, little darlings! It's been a long week, so let's all take a trust fall back into the marshmallowy softness of Ae Movie Club.
This week I'm starting things off with a Reviewlet of the new real-time indie horror flick Silent House, which then kickstarts a discussion of other "parlor trick" movies that successfully used sleight-of-hand to create a unique and engaging filmgoing experience.
It Came From Instant Queue looks under the fur of one of our most beloved playtime pals, our Movie Confessional asks which movies have gotten you out of your seat and out the door before the credits rolled, and of course we've got the usual heapin' helpins of Vintage Beefcake, new posters and trailers, and more movie talk that you can stuff in Jiminy Glick's underpants.
5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...Start!
Elizabeth "Don't Call Me Mary Kate and/or Ashley" Olsen
Reviewlet: Silent House
This week a horror »
Similar News ItemsJoss Whedon
- Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure (From Flickeringmyth. 26 July 2016, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Joss Whedon Says There’s a Big Problem With Movies Today (From Cinelinx. 26 July 2016, 2:26 PM, PDT)
- Should Sony risk a Ghostbusters sequel? (From Flickeringmyth. 26 July 2016, 12:46 PM, PDT)
- Elizabeth Banks to Sarah Silverman: Democratic Convention Celebrity Guests Ranked (Videos) (From The Wrap. 27 July 2016, 12:37 PM, PDT)
- DNC: Lena Dunham, America Ferrera, Elizabeth Banks & More Strong Actresses Slam Trump (From Indiewire. 27 July 2016, 7:48 AM, PDT)
- Meryl Streep's DNC Scream: The Internet Has a Field Day (From PEOPLE.com. 27 July 2016, 7:20 AM, PDT)
Sean Penn (I)
- 'South Park' creator Trey Parker has an amazing Elon Musk anecdote (From Hitfix. 22 July 2016, 8:45 PM, PDT)
- Mark Rylance Teases the Opening of Christopher Nolan’s “Pure” and “Simple” War Drama ‘Dunkirk’ (From The Film Stage. 19 July 2016, 7:04 AM, PDT)
- James Franco On How A Prosthetic Penis Brought Him Closer to the Lgbtq Community (From Indiewire. 18 July 2016, 7:18 AM, PDT)