Steve Schirripa is most widely remembered as the reasonable, amiable mobster Bobby 'Bacala' Baccalieri on "The Sopranos." Since the lights went out on that classic mafia drama, Schirripa has branched out into a few other projects. But as he told Mario Batali Thursday on "The Chew," (weekdays on ABC) both series share something in common with "The Sopranos."
Schirripa is hosting a show on Investigation Discovery called "Nothing Personal," a non-fiction series "about murder for hire. It's not hit-men, it's people who hire people to kill their husband or wife ... and they're all true stories," he explained.
When the conversation turned to his sitcom, "The Secret Life of the American Teenager," Schirripa described how his character channels the fatherly side of Bobby's personality. "I play a regular dad on that one, as opposed "The Sopranos" where I played .... somewhat of a regular dad. More regular than the other guys," he reflected. »
- Alex Moaba
Similar News Items"The Sopranos" (1999)
- Emmy Guest Star Nominees Prove Integral to Storytelling (From Variety - TV News. 25 July 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- How to watch TV like a world leader (From The Guardian - TV News. 24 July 2014, 8:17 AM, PDT)
- Boardwalk Empire Season 5 - "St. James" Promo Spot (From GeekTyrant. 22 July 2014, 7:30 AM, PDT)
"The Secret Life of the American Teenager" (2008)
- Sdcc poster for anime adaptation Kite starring Samuel L. Jackson (From Flickeringmyth. 24 July 2014, 11:13 PM, PDT)
- Cast announced for Windsor (From Flickeringmyth. 22 July 2014, 11:56 PM, PDT)
- Cast Revealed for Windsor (From Cinelinx. 22 July 2014, 7:34 AM, PDT)
- News Bits: Horns, Brownie, Devil, Mercy, Run (From Dark Horizons. 18 July 2014, 5:41 PM, PDT)
- Ridley Scott to Produce and Possibly Direct 'The Devil in the Kitchen' (From MovieWeb. 18 July 2014, 7:15 AM, PDT)
- Ridley Scott Options The Devil In The Kitchen (From EmpireOnline. 17 July 2014, 11:22 AM, PDT)