-- Andy Griffith always saved room for Aunt Bee's rhubarb pie. The Brady bunch couldn't wait for Alice's meatloaf. It's not Sunday in Tony Soprano's house without gravy. And everyone knows that Don Draper enjoys an old fashioned now and then.
What you probably didn't know is just how robust an industry has been cooked up around helping fans eat like their favorite TV characters.
Because for about as long as viewers have been sucked into the lives of the Bradys, the Sopranos and the will-they-won't-they ups and downs of Rachel and Ross, a surprising number of them also have hankered for the characters' on-screen eats. And cookbook publishers have been happy to oblige.
Fans have responded. Ken Beck's 1991 "Aunt Bee's Mayberry Cookbook" has sold 900,000 copies. Michele Scicolone says her 2002 book, "The Sopranos Family Cookbook," has sold 10 times as many copies as her other cookbooks. Publisher John Wiley and »
Similar News Items"The Sopranos" (1999)
- XLrator Media Picks Up ‘The Scribbler’ Starring Katie Cassidy, Eliza Dushku, Sasha Grey (From The Wrap. 20 December 2013, 2:05 PM, PST)
- The Scribbler Finds a Home at XLrator Media (From Dread Central. 20 December 2013, 11:32 AM, PST)
- XLrator Media Acquires The Scribbler (From DailyDead. 20 December 2013, 11:29 AM, PST)
"Sesame Street" (1969)
- One Direction Sends Love & Kisses To School Shooting Victim Claire Davis (From HollywoodLife. 20 December 2013, 8:43 AM, PST)
- Michael Buble Croons About NBC Holiday Special, Says Carrie Underwood Has ‘Pretty Big Balls’ for ‘Sound of Music’ (From The Wrap. 18 December 2013, 2:37 PM, PST)
- 'Michael Buble's Annual Christmas Special': Mary J. Blige and Cookie Monster can scat (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 18 December 2013, 1:30 PM, PST)
Andy Griffith (I)
- Here's your definitive Thanksgiving weekend marathon guide (From EW.com - PopWatch. 29 November 2013, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Your guide to Thanksgiving Day marathons 2013 (From EW.com - PopWatch. 28 November 2013, 5:00 AM, PST)
- How 'Eastbound and Down' Perfectly Captured Aggro Sports Culture in Kenny Powers (From Indiewire. 20 November 2013, 10:43 AM, PST)