It was all looking so promising. Universal stepped away from their big-budget feature based on the Ouija game, then they altogether cut ties with Hasbro on future board games adaptations. It was too good to be true, as they’ve re-teamed on the Ouija film and the companies have announced a revamped version of the film.
THR reports that director McG is off the project, but powerhouse producers Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form of Platinum Dunes a have stayed on, with an added element. Paranormal Activity and Insidious producer Jason Blum has jumped on board and likely the catalyst for a massive budget change.
He is bringing his insane, low-budget success with him and the budget went from around $100 million down to a relatively minuscule $5 million. I can’t be the only one to find this combo with Bay odd, as when he usually touches projects they aren’t of this ilk. »
- email@example.com (thefilmstage.com)
Similar News ItemsMichael Bay (I)
- F. Gary Gray's Furious Tendencies (From MUBI. 28 April 2017, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- Top Hollywood Directors Decode Vr at First Vrtl Summit (From Indiewire. 27 April 2017, 6:35 PM, PDT)
- Max Richter, ‘The Leftovers’ Composer, Signs With Decca Publishing (From Variety - Film News. 26 April 2017, 1:45 AM, PDT)
Paranormal Activity (2007)
- Akiva Goldsman to Direct New Version of Stephen King’s Firestarter (From DailyDead. 27 April 2017, 10:29 PM, PDT)
- 12 Films We Can’t Wait to See at The Overlook Film Festival (From FilmSchoolRejects. 20 April 2017, 11:51 AM, PDT)
- #Brainwaves Episode 41: Filmmaker Gregory Plotkin – The Paranormal Activity Franchise, Get Out, and More! Listen Now! (From Dread Central. 19 April 2017, 10:22 PM, PDT)
- Blumhouse, Meridian Form Multi-Year Co-Financing Agreement (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 25 April 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Insidious: Chapter 4 To Be Pushed Back To 2018 (From We Got This Covered. 21 April 2017, 3:32 PM, PDT)
- Insidious 4 has been pushed back to January 2018 (From The Hollywood News. 20 April 2017, 11:27 PM, PDT)