At the end of each month, the Sound On Sight staff will band together to write an article about their favourite scenes in films released. Here are our favourite scenes from the month of February.
Click here to see January’s releases.
A Separation – Opening scene
A Separation opens with a simple but wonderful stationary shot that quickly sets everything up. The scene features a couple speaking to a divorce councilor about their troubled relationship. In practically breaking the fourth wall the sequence prepares us for the mess of selfish bad decisions wrapped around good indentations that follows; these choices eventually leading to the cause for everything spiraling out of control.
- Ricky D
Chronicle - Space Needle
Chronicle will never be mistaken for an artistic breakthrough, but it is unquestionably endowed with the best special effects this low-budget shaky-cam movie could afford. The effects here (handled by Simon Hansen, »
Similar News ItemsDistrict 9 (2009)
- New on DVD Today (and Through End of the Year!) (From Fandango. 17 December 2013, 6:11 PM, PST)
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Elysium,' 'Prisoners,' 'Predator 3D' (From Moviefone. 17 December 2013, 11:30 AM, PST)
- 'Elysium' VFX Supervisor Dishes On 'Chappie,' Game Spinoffs And Blowing Droids To Bits (From MTV Movies Blog. 17 December 2013, 10:32 AM, PST)
- Harvey Weinstein, George Clooney And Tracy Letts On ‘August: Osage County’s Ending Change And Release Date Shift (From Deadline New York. 19 December 2013, 1:42 PM, PST)
- Harvey Weinstein Ransom! Fundraising Filmmaker Demands $50K for DGA Statuette (From The Wrap. 19 December 2013, 11:59 AM, PST)
- Alternate "Snowpiercer" Wanted Neil Gaiman? (From Dark Horizons. 19 December 2013, 6:00 AM, PST)
The Blind Side (2009)
- Great Odin's Raven! 'Anchorman 2' Set for Strong Start (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 18 December 2013, 5:14 PM, PST)
- Director John Lee Hancock Talks Saving Mr. Banks, Why He Takes Time Between Projects, Working with Disney’s Legal Department, and The American Can (From Collider.com. 18 December 2013, 4:55 PM, PST)
- Constructive Concepts: A conversation with production designer Andy Nicholson (From Flickeringmyth. 18 December 2013, 3:02 PM, PST)