Dame Shirley Bassey, Star Trek's Simon Pegg and Dame Judi Dench also tapped into their creative sides to transform everyday envelopes into works of art for the National Literacy Trust's annual Pushing the Envelope appeal.
Coldplay offered a cartoon depiction of the band, Mirren drew a playful picture of a woman literally pushing an envelope, while Fry doodled one of his trademark colourful ties.
Fans can bid on the celebrities' envelopes on auction website eBay.com next month.
All proceeds will benefit the National Literacy Trust, which helps disadvantaged families in the U.K. gain reading and writing skills needed for success.
Similar News ItemsStar Trek (2009)
- Big Bang Theory Recap: How I Disappointed Your Mother (From TVLine.com. 5 May 2016, 5:32 PM, PDT)
- CBS confirms that new Star Trek series will arrive on a weekly basis starting January 2017 (From Flickeringmyth. 5 May 2016, 6:05 AM, PDT)
- Seth MacFarlane is plotting a live-action sci-fi TV series (From Den of Geek. 5 May 2016, 1:20 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: John Cho Previews Star Trek Beyond and We Reveal Our Cover Tribute to Trek! (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 5 May 2016, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Mark Hamill confirms rumour about the original opening of Star Wars: The Force Awakens (From Flickeringmyth. 4 May 2016, 2:39 PM, PDT)
- Fans invited to Star Trek Beyond Fan Event Contest (From Comicmix. 4 May 2016, 2:16 PM, PDT)
Stephen Fry (I)
- Win Passes To The Advance Screening Of The Man Who Knew Infinity In St. Louis (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 4 May 2016, 8:33 PM, PDT)
- Simon West to Direct Fantasy-Action Movie ‘War Wolf’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 4 May 2016, 11:48 AM, PDT)
- Metrodome heads to Cannes with 'We Go On' (From ScreenDaily. 4 May 2016, 4:01 AM, PDT)